- Excellent location just a short distance from Cambridge City Centre (1.6M); Cambridge North Station and Cambridge Science Park (both approx 1.2m)
- Well thought out and contemporary living arrangement - with a superb suite of rooms running from the front to the rear of the property.
- Exceptionally bright homes - with superb use of full height and roof light windows and doors throughout.
- Ample storage - with a large 'storage wall' in the dining room which houses the media system operated by Control4.
- Well equipped kitchen - with the excellent Neff 'Hide and Slide' oven, additional compact oven with microwave, wine fridge, induction hob and dishwasher.
- Superb modern 'Fritz Fryer' hand blown glass pendants.
- Four bedrooms set over the 1st and 2nd floor, with an en suite shower room to the master bedroom.
- Finished with a lovely range of flooring - porcelanosa floor tiling, coconut matting and carpet.
- Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor.
** OPEN HOUSE : SATURDAY 24th NOVEMBER, 9am until 12noon ** CALL IN AND SEE THIS SUPBER HOME, READY TO MOVE INTO! 3 SORBUS WALK
A superb family home providing 1,750 sq ft of exceptionally well laid out accommodation in this convenient location just a short walk/cycle journey to the city centre, Cambridge Science Park and Cambridge North Station.
** Dudley Developments are proud to advise that these superb homes are being constructed under the direction of Site Manager Sean Kerrigan, Regional Winner of the LABC Building Excellent Awards 2018 **
Each of these homes have been meticulously designed providing a Smart Home for city living. Each property is already fully smart wired and WIFI ready, complete with smart central heating controls and ceiling speakers as standard. The homes can be further personalised with a choice of audio, video and CCTV packages from Control4 to suit your lifestyle needs.
The homes have been designed are being finished with the specification that is expected for a lifestyle in the city with names such as Velfac, Neff, Control4, HansGrohe, Duravit and Porcelanosa.
The layout of these homes is excellent with a well-thought out ground floor that suits all lifestyles having a living room situated at the front, fabulous and well-equipped galley style kitchen to the middle, with steps down to the dining room which leads to the living area.
The dining area has a bio-ethanol fire, multi-purpose storage wall with matt frost white handle free full height storage, media area and under-lit display shelving with grey oak effect contrasting trim.
The living area has a large skylight and Velfac glazed wall with sliding doors to the west facing rear garden.
The ground floor also provides a back hall with stairs to the first floor, door to side passageway and a beautifully decorated WC with feature wall light and glazed roof.
There is a walk-in, under stairs storage cupboard housing the gas boiler and electric consumer unit.
The first floor provides a master bedroom to the front with floor to ceiling bay window and en suite shower room; a laundry room and large airing cupboard; family bathroom and bedroom 2 to the rear.
The second floor provides two further bedrooms with large dormer windows to the front and rear.
A paved private courtyard to the front of the properties offers off-street parking for each of the homes. Side access leads to well-proportioned mature rear gardens.
SUPERB SPECIFICATION Dudley Developments pride themselves with an exceptional modern and practical style and design for todays lifestyle needs. Each home at Sorbus includes:
* Callerton Matt frost white handle free contemporary kitchen units with grey oak effect contrasting linear wall units and trim;
* Corian worktop and large breakfast bar with under-lit open storage detail;
* Neff appliances to include Slide and Hide single oven, additional compact oven with microwave, four zone induction hob, 12 place setting dishwasher, fridge/freezer;
* Further appliances to include Blanco built in extract, Blanco under-mounted stainless steel sink and mono block tap, under-counter refrigerated wine cabinet.
* LED under/over cabinet lights.
* Fritz Fryer hand blown glass pendant lights.
* Pocket sliding door to back hall fitted with coconut matting.
* Porcelanosa Minnesota Ash porcelain floor tiles throughout the ground floor with underfloor heating.
* Timber staircase with fitted carpet and glazed wall.
* Designer floor and wall tiles to bathroom, en suite and WC.
* Fitted carpet to first and second floors.
* Horizontal grain grey oak flush doors with brushed stainless steel ironmongery.
* Large picture Velfac double glazed windows, Velfac front door with vertical window, superb full width rear Velfac glazed wall with sliding door to garden.
* Partial glazed ceiling to dining area.
* Bathroom with Duravit Pine Silver finish 2 drawer vanity unit and basin; Hansgrohe single lever mixer tap; Duravit white wall mounted dual flush WC with soft close seat; white bath with Crosswater multivalve thermostatic shower and glass screen; chrome heated ladder towel rail; tiled shelf with large inset mirror; fully tiled wall with soft white hexagon wall tiles; Belgrave grey scandie design floor tiles;
* The master bedroom has double sockets with USB; sliding pocket grey oak horizontal grain door to en suite; Duravit pedestal basin with Hansgrohe single lever mixer tap; Duravit white wall mounted dual flush WC with soft close seat; Low profile white shower tray with Frameless shower screen; Chrome heated ladder towel rail; tiled shelf with large inset mirror; fully tiled walls and floor with Karaben Nature Grey Tiles.
* The first floor laundry room is finished with Callerton matt frost white handle free contemporary floor and wall units; stainless steel sink and mono bloc tap; light grey Duropal laminate worktop; space for washing machine and tumble dryer; Karaben Nature Grey floor tiles and splash back.
* Large airing cupboard.
* Eaves storage to bedroom 4. The parking courtyard to the front is finished with low maintenance shrubs, privet hedging and beautiful Sorbus trees; giving the development its name. The rear gardens are laid to lawn with 1.8m close board fencing to the perimeter. There is a brick dividing patio wall with external lighting and solid timber side gate with coded lock.
THE TECHNICAL DETAIL
Dudley Developments provide the technology that is expected in new build city homes.
Further details are available in relation to the following:
Personalise your home to be more comfortable, convenient and secure with a choice of audio, video and CCTV packages from Control4. Each home at Sorbus Walk is already fully smart wired, WIFI ready and complete with smart central heating controls and ceiling speakers as standard. Simply add to your custom built Control4 automation system to fit around your lifestyle and needs.
Packages available are:
Audio Multi Room Pack 4 rooms of discretely installed high quality sound to allow freedom to enjoy your music collection or streamed music services to independent rooms or linked for party mode. Complete control of your musical catalogue from the fixed colour touch screen installed within your property or from an optional remote or portable touch panel. Your home also has native integration with iOS and Android devices to allow you control from anywhere inside the property or out.
Video Multi Room Pack 4 rooms of discretely installed video distribution integrated within the fabric of your new home. No more un-slightly boxes or cables in the room just a beautifully elegant installation of 4k UHD video quality to 4 locations around your home. All equipment is stored in your control centre out of sight but simple and intuitive control of your video sources is enabled via your integrated smart home system allowing touch panel, iOS or Android control in every TV location
CCTV Package A beautifully integrated security solution for your new smart home. Security camera integration for both your smart phone or tablet and integrated in to your smart home system to view on both HD colour touch screens and all of your televisions (in conjunction with video pack). Video door entry available by request. Prices for each package available from Bidwells
EXCELLENT AMENITIES IN AN EXCELLENT LOCATION
Sorbus Walk is in an ideal location, close to many amenities and central Cambridge. Within walking distance are a selection of local shops, cafes, supermarkets, nurseries and schools. Cambridge Science Park home to companies including Napp Pharmaceutical, Mundipharma, Amgen Ltd and Cambridge Consultants is just over ¾ of a mile away and can be easily reached by foot, bike or the Park and Ride buses which stop close to the houses .
Central Cambridge is just a short cycle/bus journey into the centre with Jesus Green being just over a mile away, and to the centre of Cambridge around 1.6 miles.
Cambridge North Station, which opened recently, is around 1.2 miles to the north of Sorbus Walk (close to the Science Park) and again can be reached by cycle, foot or bus.
The A14 J33 is around 1 mile north, and leads to the M11 (around 4.4 miles); making a London or north bound commute exceptionally easy.
Close to the properties at Sorbus Walk are Park and Ride bus stops heading in and out of the city centre. These buses run every 10 minutes from approx. 06.20 and finish at around 18.40, and then every 20 minutes until 20.00 providing an excellent car-free commute into the city centre.
For local amenities, there are two co-operative stores close by, and at Milton (approx. 1.1 mile north) is a Tesco Superstore and filling station.
Further details can be viewed at: