- Stunning Kitchen/Dining/Family Room flooded with light from deep glazed windows and 4 large skylights,providing a wonderful area for family and social entertaining.
- Laura Ashley designed Kitchen with range of handcrafted, soft closing drawers and cabinets, island unit, silestone worksurfaces, Quooker instant hot water tap, CDA wine cooler and integrated high quality Smeg appliances comprising Victoria 110 cream range with induction hob and extractor fan over, combination oven/microwave, warming drawer, full height fridge and freezer, and dishwasher.
- Superb Drawing Room (20'10" x 17'2" (6.34m x 5.22m) with triple aspect, oak effect tiled floor and full height bi-fold doors to the north western and south western elevations, providing a delightful vista of the garden.
- Charming Study/Snug Area providing ideal relaxing/work space.
- Impressive Master Bedroom including fitted wardrobes and dressing unit, sliding glazed doors to Juliet balcony, providing elevated views over the Garden and Paddock land beyond, Dressing Room with hanging rails, drawers and shelves and En Suite shower Room with waterfall shower.
- 4 further Bedrooms and 3 further Bath/Shower Rooms (2 En Suite).
- Oil fired central heating - underfloor heating to ground floor and via radiators to first floor with thermostatic temperature control to principal rooms.
- Cat5 cabling for smart home networking.
- 10 Year Warranty.
- Security alarm system.
A rare opportunity to acquire a magnificant new house of exceptional style and quality in wonderful gardens and grounds of approx 3.52 acres in this small, unspoilt South Cambridgeshire village.
Cambridge 5 miles, M11 (junction 11) 3 miles, Addenbrooke's Hospital/Biomedical Campus 5.5 miles, Whittlesford Parkway Station (Liverpool Street 60 mins) 3.5 miles, Foxton Station (King's Cross 58 minutes) 3 miles, Stansted Airport 23 miles. (Distances and times are approximate.)
Paddock View is arguably one of the finest new homes to be built in or around Cambridge. Constructed with a combination of flemish bond hand mixed bricks, rendered and weatherboard clad elevations under Spanish slate roofs, it successfully combines traditional and modern styles to striking effect.
Designed to accommodate a variety of family needs, the property has been finished to an exceptionally high standard and the attention to detail is quite remarkable. Arranged over 2 floors, the well-proportioned accommodation is particularly versatile, with 2 large reception rooms, stunning open plan style kitchen/dining/family room, 5 bedrooms and 4 bath/shower rooms (3 en suite).
Built to take full advantage of its southerly aspect, the internal accommodation is flooded with natural light from large windows and full height sliding/bi-fold doors, by ID Systems.
In short, Paddock View provides a rare opportunity to acquire a quite outstanding family house, situated within gardens and grounds approaching 4 acres enjoying a semi-rural setting, yet only a short drive from Cambridge city centre.
Paddock View is set back from the road behind a recently planted mixed hedge and area of lawn. A large gravelled driveway provides parking for several cars and access to a double garage (21'5" x 16'10" (6.52m x 5.14m) of weatherboard clad construction under a slate roof with remote controlled roller door to front, power and light. Gated access to the side leads to an enclosed storage area, also housing the oil tank, and a gravelled pathway runs along the north western elevation of the house to the rear garden.
A landscaped garden to the rear enjoys a south westerly aspect and includes a large expanse of lawn enclosed by hedging and fencing.
An extensive Indian sandstone paved terrace, bordered by a stepped wall, topped with glass balustrade, adjoins the rear elevation of the house and there is access to a useful storage area below a decked terrace, accessed via French doors from the kitchen or an external staircase.
Large sleepers, topped with matching Indian sandstone paving provide steps up to the lawn and there are external power points and feature lighting.
Beyond, is an informal area of about 1 acre which includes a number of fruit trees and has separate vehicular access, together with a further 2.3 acres of paddock land as shown on the site plan.
Rights of Way
Paddock View has a right of way over the area shown hatched on the site plan.
Newton is a highly-regarded village with a picturesque Church, village green, sports and social club and the popular Queen's Head Public House. Local shops and a primary school are available in the neighbouring village of Harston. The University city of Cambridge lies just 5 miles to the north and provides an attractive combination of ancient and modern buildings, colleges, winding lanes and the tree lined River Cam, together with extensive shopping and cultural facilities. The city also offers an excellent choice of independent schools, many of which are readily accessible on the south and west side of the city. Cambridge is not only world renowned for its academic achievements, but also has become the centre of the 'high-tech' and 'bio-tech' industries with the University Research and Development Laboratories, Science Park, ARM, Microsoft, AstraZeneca and Addenbrooke's Hospital/Biomedical Campus.
London commuters are particularly well served by road or rail with convenient access to the A10, M11 and mainline railway stations at Foxton and Whittlesford, providing services to King's Cross and Liverpool Street respectively.