- Marketed for the first time in just over half a century, the property provides a rare opportunity to acquire an historic period house featuring different building styles across several centuries.
- Extensive accommodation of 4,016 sq ft (373 sq m) providing tremendous versatility suitable for a variety of needs.
- Grand Drawing Room 309 x 166 (9.37 x 5.03m) with bay windows to front and rear, display alcove, exposed timber floor and stone fireplace.
- Dual aspect Sitting Room with exposed timbers, fine inglenook fireplace and original servant bells.
- Delightful Study with exposed timbers, fitted bookshelves, timber floor and ornate timber panelling to walls.
- Farmhouse style Kitchen/Breakfast Room with triple aspect, butler sink, handcrafted base level cabinets, shelved pantry and oil fired Rayburn.
- 5 good sized Bedrooms, 4 of which have fitted wardrobes, and 2 bathrooms.
- Magnificent gardens and grounds including manicured lawns, shrub beds, wooded area's, kitchen garden and large greenhouse, all enclosed by mature trees and hedges creating a high level of privacy and seclusion.
- Excellent range of timber outbuildings comprising Double Garage, Workshop, Art Studio/Games Room and 3 former Stables.
- NO ONWARD CHAIN.
A magnificent period house of considerable charm and character, delightfully situated within stunning gardens and grounds of about 3.5 acres with frontage to the River Cam.
Cambridge 8 miles, Saffron Walden 6.5 miles, M11 (junction 10) and Whittlesford Parkway Station (Liverpool Street line) 1.5 miles, Stansted Airport 22 miles, (distances are approximate).