A charming terraced house with a delightful outlook over college playing fields.
Summerfield is a small no-through road lying within the highly regarded Newnham area of the city. It is extremely well placed for many of the College and University departments, about 400 yards from 'The Backs' and the River Cam. Local facilities in Newnham include a post office, chemist, butchers, bakers and a primary school. Comprehensive shopping facilities and amenities are available in the heart of city centre about half a mile away.
Number 7 lies in the pedestrian part of Summerfield and has a superb outlook over Gonville and Caius playing fields.
The property offers well-proportioned accommodation with stripped wood floors to the ground floor and one bedroom as well as a pleasant garden with paved patio area. The property also has a burglar alarm.
Particular Features of Note:
• Sitting/dining room: 11'8" x 10'8" (3.56m x 3.25m) Real flame effect gas fire, fitted shelving to alcoves and bay window with window seat to front aspect.
• Dining area: 12'7 x 11'9 (3.84m x 3.58m) Under stairs storage cupboard and door to garden.
• Kitchen/breakfast room: 17'9" x 9' (5.4m x 2.74m). Range of base and wall cupboards, stainless steel sink unit, gas cooker, plumbing for washing machine, cupboard housing the gas fired boiler and door to garden.
• Bedroom 1: 13'11" x 13'4" (4.24m x 4.06m). Two built in cupboards.
• Bedroom 2: 11'9" x 9'5" (3.58m x 2.87m) Fitted shelves.
• Bathroom: Low level WC, wash hand basin, panelled bath with shower unit over, bidet and shelved cupboard housing the hot water cylinder.
• Outside: Enclosed rear garden which is mainly laid to lawn with mature flower beds, paved terrace, garden shed and rear access leading to Wordsworth Grove. Parking permits are available from Cambridge City Council.
• Heating: gas fired central heating.
• No allocated parking, residents parking permit application through Cambridge City Council for parking in West Cambridge roads. Summerfield and Wordsworth Grove are closest.
Before moving into a rental property, it is essential for the tenant to contact the local service authorities to take over supplies. Listed below are some helpful telephone numbers:
Rent: £1,500.00 pcm Unfurnished.
Deposit: £1,730.00, returnable at the end of the tenancy, subject to there being no breaches of the terms of the tenancy.
Holding Deposit: £346.00
Once your application has been accepted, in order to reserve the property, the above holding deposit will need to be paid. Once received, we shall be able to start the referencing process. The holding deposit will be returned to you within 15 calendar days, unless the referencing and signing of the Tenancy Agreement exceeds this timeframe.
Please note this will be withheld if any relevant person (including guarantor(s) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right to Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee).
References are undertaken by an external referencing agency and are subject to a minimum four day waiting period. A tenancy will not be formally offered until we have received satisfactory references.
The first payment of the rent and deposit should ideally be paid by bank transfer. Please note that we cannot release keys until we have received confirmation that cleared funds have been received. Thereafter, payment of rent must be made by standing order.
Viewing strictly by appointment with Bidwells.
Important Notice: These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Bidwells has no authority to make or give in writing or verbally any representations or warranties in relation to the property. Any areas, measurement or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. No assumptions should be made that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. Bidwells have not carried out a survey, nor tested the services, appliances or facilities. Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. All prices are quoted exclusive of VAT unless confirmed otherwise.
In the interest of Health & Safety, please ensure that you take due care when inspecting any property.
Energy Performance Certificate: To inspect the full EPC for this property please contact our office.