What is Capital Park?
Capital Park is a specialised office park focused on providing workspaces for high-growth businesses. The park is located in Fulbourn, close to the centre of Cambridge, a town known for its prestigious university and dynamic skilled workforce.
An address in Capital Park places businesses nearby one of the UK’s biggest science and technology hubs – a prime location for start-ups and long-established companies alike.
Facilities and Future Developments at Capital Park
The park is situated in the centre of one of the world’s fastest-growing cities and one of the most important tech clusters in the UK. The region around Cambridge is also known as the Cambridge Cluster, or Silicon Fen for its similarities to tech hotspot Silicon Valley, with reports suggesting the area will have the fastest growing UK economy over the next ten years.
“The park’s office space is kitted out for high tech businesses and boasts high-quality fittings in an absolutely beautiful setting,” says Max Bryan, Partner, Head of Laboratory & Office Agency for Bidwells.
“There’s a huge amount of green space, 42-acres of mature parkland to be exact, for a totally tranquil environment, with plenty of parking and easy access to transport links and the city centre. As it’s on the edge of Cambridge, you don’t quite hit the rush hour traffic, which given the infrastructure challenge of Cambridge is a bonus”.
Capital Park’s world-class work environment features high-quality office spaces in picturesque parkland surroundings to support the growing workforce as well as businesses and specialist organisations in the region. Office spaces and facilities include:
- 170,000 square feet of Grade A offices
- A 77,000-square foot former hospital converted into offices
Amenities at the park include:
- Onsite estate team
- Dry cleaning service
- Car valet service
- Day nursery and preschool
- Cycle and footpath links to the city centre
- Landscaped grounds and picnic areas
- Fitness ‘bootcamp’ and Pilates studio
- Onsite café
- Access to the local supermarket
- Bus service between the park, Cambridge city centre and train station
Capital Park and the Local Economy
Office prices in Cambridge are sitting at record highs right now, with businesses looking at costs of up to £40 per square foot. With limited space available and Cambridge offices in high demand, costs of renting in the city centre are being pushed up.
Fulbourn is just three miles from the Cambridge City Centre with good transport links making the city easily accessible to tenants. Cambridge is the fastest-growing economy in the United Kingdom today, so it pays to ensure that more businesses can readily access the town.
Notable Capital Park Tenants
- Syngenta, an organisation working on agricultural solutions for global food security, houses their Crop Protection, Seeds and Lawn and Garden business teams at Capital Park.
- ARM is a cutting-edge computing and technology company that works in the fields of artificial intelligence, IoT applications and wearable tech.
- BlueGnome Ltd is a biotechnology company known for developing a mathematical technology to analyse genetic data following the sequencing of the human genome. Today, BlueGnome develops genetic diagnostic solutions to help detect chromosomal abnormalities.
- Health Data Insight C.I.C. (HDI) is a social enterprise that has been established by NHS workers. HDI was recently awarded a Cancer Research UK Pioneer Award for their research on using machine learning to improve early cancer diagnoses.
Capital Park is also home to renowned patent attorneys JA Kemp and tech giant IBM.
Our UK property specialists at Bidwells are well-versed in the complexities of science and technology real estate. Bidwells has in-depth knowledge about UK science parks, innovation districts and properties in the ‘Cambridge Biopharma Cluster’ to help landlords, occupants and investors make informed decisions.