James has over 25 years of experience in the property industry, joining Bidwells in 1995 from London to lead the retail and leisure team.
He works with institutional investors, developers, retailers, property companies and occupier clients on a wide range of property, with particular expertise in the Golden Triangle.
James’ particular areas of expertise are in development advice for mixed use schemes, food stores and retail warehousing, as well as in the acquisition and disposal of motor dealerships, retail and restaurant properties, hotels and care homes.
His knowledge of the retail and leisure market and trends combined with a tenacious streak means that he and his team have achieved some exciting lettings even in these challenging times.
- Sale of the former food processing factory for a 100,000 sq ft store in King’s Lynn to Tesco.
- Acquisition of 8.60 acres for Tesco in Sandy for a 36,000 sq ft supermarket.
- Sale of a new supermarket to Morrisons in Stowmarket.
- Advising Budgens on an assignment of the lease for a 20,000 sq ft supermarket in Norwich to Morrisons.
- Acquiring convenience stores across the region.
- Providing strategic and master planning advice to landowners and housebuilders for the provision of retail and leisure.
- Identifying opportunities for in- and out-of-town retail, supermarkets, schemes, leisure, and mixed-use
- Advised in its acquisition, remodelling/redevelopment and letting of this £25m retail park. New occupiers include Dunelm, Laura Ashley, Sony and Carphone Warehouse. The scheme won the Best Development category at the Accessible Retail Awards in 2008.
- Homebase – Chelmsford, Cromer and Sudbury.
- Focus – Wymondham.
- Wickes – Boston, King’s Lynn, Huntingdon and Norwich.
- B&Q – Stevenage, Norwich and Bedford.
- Advising on acquisitions and disposals of motor dealership premises for Marshall Motor Holdings plc.
- Marshalls are a Top 10 motor dealership group in the UK.
- Advising Land Securities on the redevelopment of prime Cambridge retail comprising 63,000 sq ft. New occupiers include Zara, H&M, Giraffe, and Bank.
- Sale of buildings and land for Care homes in Cambridge, Melbourne and Bedford.
- Acquisitions in Huntingdon and Ely.
- Letting of 231-bed Hotel to Ibis in Cambridge as part of the CB1, Station area development.
- Advising on developments for Premier Inn and Travelodge.
or close this panel to search again