He specialises in the disposal and acquisition of residential development land, providing advice on conditional contracts, options, promotion and joint venture agreements for a variety of clients including private landowners, developers, strategic land funds, private equity funds and educational institutions.
- On behalf of private landowners, Mark has recently sold a site in Market Harborough for 600 units. Having fully explored the market the site was sold to a private house builder within a challenging timeframe.
- Mark is advising a number of landowner clients on a variety of residential development sites ranging from large urban extensions to potential new settlements. These range in size from several hundred to many thousands of dwellings as well as a mix of other uses.
- On behalf of the Fairfield Partnership, Mark sold a site in Godmanchester for 753 units for more than £40m (and then sold the overage agreement three years later for a further £6m). Mark is also advising on the sale of part of the site for a care home and on the change of use of the employment land to residential.
- Mark played a key role in advising a consortium of house builders and developers in acquiring a site in Bishops Stortford for 2,200 dwellings.
- On behalf of Marchfield (Strategic Land) Ltd, Mark advised on the sale of a site for 275 units in Bexhill on Sea for more than £13m. This included a further planning uplift of £4m on receipt of an enhanced planning permission for an extra 67 units. Mark has also sold a care home and extra care site on this site for an additional £3.5m.
- Mark advised a strategic land fund on the sale of a site in Hailsham, East Sussex for 460 units to a consortium of house builders for approximately £18m. He is also advising on the sale of the employment land for residential use.
- Advised landowners on a variety of strategic promotions, including a 5,000-unit urban extension to Ashford and a 5,500-unit mixed use development at Houghton Regis.
- Mark led the residential development team in advising a major private equity fund on the acquisition of a strategic land company. Thereafter, Mark became an integral part of the client team helping them to secure their first major site acquisition under the new shareholder. This site was sold within three years for approximately £40m, having obtained a residential planning permission.
- Sold part of the multi award winning ‘Accordia’ development in central Cambridge on behalf of Countryside Properties. This comprised a scheme of 191 units which sold for more than £30m.
- Mark advised private landowners on the sale of a site for 2,300 dwellings on the southern fringe of Cambridge for private clients.
- Mark has acquired a variety of sites for housebuilders and strategic land promoters