Clive trained as a surveyor in the public sector and since then has worked both in private practice and in the development industry.
He leads a team of professionals in Inverness responsible for estate management, valuation, development, forestry management and renewables. He specialises in the commercial aspects of rural land, and is always keen to help farmers and landowners identify opportunities for adding value. Clive has particular experience in housing development land, renewable energy, valuation, estate management and wayleaves.
Clive has acted as an expert witness in various cases and has prepared reports for submission to the Court of Session. He has completed the RICS Accredited Expert Witness training programme, is a RICS Registered Valuer and a past Chairman of the RICS Highland Branch.
Recent projects include:
- Caithness, Moray subsea HVDC cable - acting for 15 landowners and tenants along 15km of the Caithness landward section of this route. Negotiating wayleaves, servitude, terms for entry and claims for compensation.
- Rio Tinto, portfolio valuation - valuation of a portfolio of Scottish Highland Estates for Rio Tinto, extending to 117,000 acres.
- A96 dualling - retained by the owner of the majority landholding to advise on all issues relating to the proposed upgrading of the road from Inverness to Nairn.
- Fife Housing land sale - instructed in the sale of a 100 unit residential development site in Fife.
- Wind Farm option agreements - continue to act for numerous landowners negotiating terms for option agreements for onshore wind farms from South Lanarkshire to Caithness.
- Development land sales - acting for a farming society in the sale of a strategic retail development site with a potential floor space of 40,000 sq ft in an off-market deal.
- Turriff Primary School Compulsory Purchase - advised a charity under notice of a CPO on terms for the disposal of a primary school site to Aberdeenshire Council.