West Street, Comberton, Cambridge, CB23 7DS
Guide Price £875,000
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 3 Reception rooms
VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE ON THIS HOME
- REQUEST YOUR VIRTUAL TOUR
- Wealth of original features including exposed beams, oak flooring, inglenook fireplaces and panelled doors
- Superb, dual aspect Sitting/Dining Room divided by open exposed beams
- Beautiful hand-crafted Kitchen/Breakfast Room with bi-fold doors which open to the garden
- Charming Study with inglenook fireplace
- Wonderful dual aspect Principal Bedroom with fitted wardrobes
- 2 further Bedrooms and Family Bathroom
- Oil fired central heating with underfloor heating to the kitchen
- Planning permission in place for conversion of the existing garage to provide additional accommodation
- Charming, mature south facing rear garden
A greatly improved, 3 bedroom Grade II Listed 17th century, thatched house located in this popular village location west of Cambridge.
Cambridge 5 miles, Royston (fast train service to King's Cross) 12 miles, M11 (junction 12) 2.5 miles, (distances are approximate).
Believed to date from the 17th century, West View is a charming Grade II listed cottage constructed of a timber frame with plaster render elevations under a thatch roof. In recent years the property has been subject to an extensive program of improvements and alterations, to include a new kitchen, new bathrooms, re-wiring and re-plumbing throughout and a new heating system. The works have been carried out to a very high standard and great care has been taken to retain the charm and character of the original building with its many period features .
Along with the refurbishment works, planning permission has been granted for the conversion of the existing garage to provide a garden room, utility room and bathroom to the ground floor and a fourth bedroom with WC and storage to the first floor. This offers prospective purchasers the unique opportunity to acquire a beautifully presented, ready to move into period home, that still offers tremendous scope for further improvements.
- Foxton 7.97km
- Shepreth 8.09km
- Cambridge (CBG) 8.34km
- Great Shelford 9.44km