Smiths End Lane, Barley, Royston, SG8 8LH
Guide Price £1,600,000
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Reception rooms
A magnificent Grade II listed property set in 1.74 acres with swimming pool, paddock and 2/3 bedroom detached dwelling with excellent rental potential, situated on the outskirts of a charming village with excellent commuter links to both Cambridge and London.
- Beautiful rural location but with excellent commuter links to both London and Cambridge
- Stunning period property with many period features
- Superb, additional detached house with garage and gardens with the potential for letting
- Dual aspect Kitchen/Breakfast Room with integrated appliances, along with a useful Utility Room
- Impressive Sitting/Dining Room with beautiful vaulted ceiling, exposed timbers, inglenook fireplace and oak flooring
- 2 further Reception Rooms including Snug and bright and modern Family Room with oak flooring
- Luxurious Principal Bedroom which features a range of fitted wardrobes and drawers and En Suite Shower Room
- 3 further Bedrooms, all with fitted wardrobes, and Family Bathroom to the first floor along with a self contained Bedroom and Bathroom, ideal for use as a guest suite
- Heated Swimming Pool with plant/changing room
- Large, beautifully maintained gardens extending to 1.74 acres (0.706 hectares) including a 1 acre paddock (0.404 hectares)
Cambridge 13 miles, Saffron Walden 10 miles, Royston 5 miles (fast train to King's Cross) M11 (junction 10) 7 miles, Stansted Airport 18 miles (distances are approximate).
Grade II listed, The Thatched Cottage is a quintessentially English, period property dating in part, from the 16th century. Constructed with a timber frame and re-fronted during the 20th century the property has been considerably extended and improved over the years. In addition to the main house, The Garden House provides a stunning, 2/3 bedroom independent dwelling with well proportioned accommodation over 2 floors, integral garage and private garden. Along with the 1 acre paddock, the property provides the eventual purchaser with excellent scope for generating some additional income if desired, from renting the paddock and/or the Garden House to either a tenant or as a holiday let.
The property occupies a charming rural position on the outskirts of the village, on one of the best roads in the village, Smiths End Lane, and directly adjacent to the village’s cricket club. Barley itself enjoys a sense of community and facilities and amenities for local residents’ include a primary school, doctors’ surgery, pharmacy, 2 public houses, church, shop/post office, village hall, scout troop, tennis club, cricket club, riding stables and recreation ground with children’s playground and tennis courts. The commuter links to both London and Cambridge are excellent, with the nearest mainline railway station in nearby Royston, just 5 miles away.
- Royston 5.82km
- Meldreth 8.05km
- Baldock 10.31km
- Shepreth 10.41km