High Street, Great Shelford, Cambridge, CB22 5EH
Guide Price £1,200,000
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Reception rooms
A rare opportunity to acquire an imposing and historic, Grade II Listed period house with charming gardens of over half an acre, excellently positioned in the heart of this highly desirable village location.
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
- Grade II Listed and retaining a wealth of original period features
- 2 impressive Reception Rooms comprising a dual aspect Sitting Room with Inglenook fireplace and French doors to the garden and formal Dining Room
- Light and airy Kitchen which enjoys views over the gardens and opens to a Utility Room
- Spacious, dual aspect Principal Bedroom 17'2 x 16'0 (5.22m x 4.87m) with oak flooring
- 3 further well proportioned Bedrooms and Bathroom with separate WC to the first floor
- Off Street Parking and Double Garage
- Attractive mature gardens of 0.68 of an acre (0.274 hectares)
Cambridge city centre 3 miles, M11 (junction 11) 3.5 miles, Mainline Railway Station (Liverpool Street line) 300 metres, Addenbrooke’s Hospital/Biomedical Campus 1.25 miles (distances are approximate).
Grade II Listed, Oak Cottage dates in part from the mid/late 16th century and is constructed with a timber frame with rendered infills under a pitched tiled roof. Sympathetically extended in the 1930s, and available for the first time since then, the property offers prospective purchasers a rare and unique opportunity to acquire a wonderful period property in the centre of this desirable and attractive village, which sits within a large plot. The accommodation, which extends to 1,959 sq ft (182 sq m), does require some modernisation and refurbishment, however, offers well proportioned rooms which retain a wealth of their original period features.
- Great Shelford 0.44km
- Cambridge (CBG) 5.10km
- Whittlesford 5.43km
- Foxton 6.16km