Angus represents clients in all property management matters including estate management, landlord and tenant, valuation, agency and planning.
He has project management experience in addition to managing a number of Highland estates, covering 70,000 Ha. Enterprises include residential, agricultural, sporting and commercial property and he prepares and delivers strategic reviews to improve revenue streams and implement effective management.
Angus is also involved in acting for both landowners and tenants in relation to compulsory purchase and wayleave requests from utility companies and public bodies for water pipelines, overhead power cables, and road improvement schemes providing advice in respect of strategy and negotiating the claims. He also has experience, being a RICS Registered Valuer, in the valuation, sales and purchase of rural property.
Recent projects include:
- Beauly Denny 400kV replacement line, Scotland - acted on behalf of two estates in connection with the construction of the 400kV overhead line and dismantling of the 132kV overhead line. Involved in pre-entry meetings, arranging and taking pre-entry records of condition. Negotiated temporary compounds, borrow pit agreements, client and SHETL liaison during construction and reinstatement, negotiation of compensation claims and specifying remedial works.
- Injurious Affection Claims, Various - acting on behalf of a number of estates with regards to Injurious Affection Claims due to the Beauly Denny 400kV Line. Negotiating claims to include assessment of land values, business loss, injurious affection, severance and disturbance matters.
- Melgarve Substation, Baddanoch and Strathspey - currently acting for the landowner in negotiations and representations to SHETL, ensuring that construction protocols are adhered to, and protecting the landowner’s interests. Work includes mitigating damage to the client’s property while a large-scale infrastructure project is carried out on the land.
- Mineral quarry lease, Scotland - acting on behalf of the Landlord negotiating an extension and renewal of a quarry lease.
- Estate Management, Scotland - assisting a new owner of a highland estate with the set up and day-to-day running of its estate enterprises, setting up of budgets and liaising with estate staff.