Newton Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 8AN
Guide Price £395,000
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Reception room
A well presented, 2 bedroom ground floor apartment; situated in this highly regarded area just off Newton Road, conveniently placed for access to the city centre.
- Excellent central location within walking distance of the city centre, the Botanic Garden, Cambridge Leisure and Cambridge mainline railway station
- Light and airy, open plan Sitting/Dining Room with beautiful, solid maple flooring and full height windows and door to garden
- Contemporary Kitchen refitted in 2021 with sleek fitted base and wall units, Corian worksurfaces and integrated appliances
- 2 double Bedrooms, both with built in wardrobes, and Shower Room
- Electric underfloor heating and double glazing throughout
- Utility/Store Room with space for washing machine and tumble dryer
- East facing patio terrace opening to delightful communal gardens which backs onto Hobsons Brooks
- Private residents only parking, one space per flat and visitor spaces available
City Centre and Mainline Railway Station (King's Cross and Liverpool Street lines) 1 mile, M11 (junction 11) 2 miles, Stansted Airport 26 miles, (distances are approximate).
3 Applecourt is a well proportioned, ground floor flat set in charming communal gardens and well screened by a variety of fine, mature trees and shrubs. Constructed in 1959, the development was designed by the renowned architect Eric Lyons in the Modernist style, and exemplifies his vision for spacious living surrounded by greenery and a sense of community.
Improved over the years, the current owners refurbished the apartment in 2021 to include repainting, renewing of the maple flooring and replacement of the kitchen. They also further improved the energy efficiency of the property by adding insulation to the external wall and pipes, double glazing the windows, installing LED spotlights and underfloor heating throughout. The resulting accommodation is very well presented and a particular highlight is the spacious open plan living space which is flooded with natural light from deep glazed windows and doors, and enjoys views over the communal gardens.
- Cambridge (Cambridge) 1.10km
- Great Shelford 4.42km
- Cambridge (Cambridge North) 4.63km
- Foxton 8.95km