Our Urban Design Studio (UDS) team carry out assessment work and create design solutions for new developments associated with Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas and other protected sites.
Our work includes townscape assessments and setting studies for heritage assets where we work closely with Bidwells Heritage team.
Our heritage projects include Knockin residential development in Shropshire, Dereham Maltings in Norfolk, Warley Hospital in Essex, Shire Hall Complex, Priory Hall Residential Development, Milton Park Setting study in Cambridgeshire and Chauntry Mills in Haverhill.
The team will assist you in the following ways:
- Development of site visioning / place making studies as part of Local Plan promotions in order to gain allocations, including visual material.
- Outline and Full Planning Applications for new developments and expansions to existing sites.
- Stakeholder engagement including graphics and presentation materials; and
- Capacity Studies for new sites to test development scenarios and opportunities.
- Master planning;
- Landscape Architecture; and
- Site Assessments including LVIA and Townscape.
OUR SECTOR EXPERTISE
- New developments associated with Listed Buildings, at a variety of scales;
- Rural diversification including barn conversations, extensions to existing farmsteads where there are associated heritage constraints; and
- Public realm design and delivery in heritage environments including Conservation Areas.