ORDERS & COMPENSATION
Our Rural Infrastructure team has extensive experience of working across a range of nationwide, infrastructure and utility projects, representing and advising landowners on their rights to achieve successful compensations claims.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR CHALLENGES
Every project has its own unique challenges, our advice is always individually tailored to meet your requirements. We can help you:
- If your land or property is threatened by compulsory purchase due to an infrastructure or utility project
- With our knowledge on the legal and political frameworks / landscapes within which compensation claims are negotiated
- With options in relation to pursuit of claims
- Effectively challenge the acquiring authority to successfully protect your interests.
We will work with you to understand your specific needs, whether this is land or property.
We will navigate the complex legal and political framework within which compensation claims are negotiated, to protect your interests against these infrastructure projects.
We will negotiate on your behalf, respond to statutory notices, submit objections and act as expert witness, actively engaging with the acquiring authority throughout the process.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
The depth of expertise across the team enables us to understand and advise on the challenges facing our clients in a timely manner, ultimately saving you time, maximising claims and providing peace of mind.
We will engage with the acquiring authority to ensure as far as possible your fees for reasonable representation are met. In many instances our clients pay little or no fees for claim related works, we will have ongoing and transparent discussions with you on this throughout.
- Expert Witness
- Advice on blight
- Sale by agreement or claims under the CPO
- Petitioning Parliamentary Bills
- Compensation Claims
- Claim assessment
- Select Committees representation
- Negotiation by agreement
- Agreement of Terms for Compounds and associated scheme works
- Negotiation of terms and advice throughout survey works
Recent projects include:
- A47 dualing
- A9 dualing
- Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route
- A737 Dalry bypass
- Beauly to Denny transmission line
- East-West Rail Link.