The demand for new homes is constantly growing which offers opportunity for farms and estates to convert existing buildings and / or create new homes on new build sites. The RDP team has extensive experience and is able to provide advice and guidance for all kinds of residential schemes in rural locations.
Recent changes in Planning Policy, both on a local and national level, have created new opportunities for landowners and developers to create new dwellings in villages and the countryside.
However, whilst planning policy is supportive it is still essential to meet specific requirements in order to achieve viable planning permission.
We have decades of experience in advising on residential development from initial feasibility through design, planning through to final sale or letting and have worked on projects from single conversions to thousands of dwellings on greenfield sites.
WHAT WE CAN ASSIST YOU WITH
- Site appraisals, considering the options and opportunities for residential development
- Advising on new-build and conversion on sensitive sites such as Conservation Areas, Heritage sites and Listed Buildings
- Gaining planning permission for proposals contrary to planning policy such as Enabling Development and distinctive country houses in rural locations
- Promoting appropriate development in rural villages and settlements through ‘Previously Developed Land’ and ‘Entry Level Exception Sites’
- Providing advice and support for change of use to residential under Class Q Permitted Development Rights
OUR CORE SKILLS
- Agency and site promotion