There are a variety of Permitted Development Rights which allow certain types of development and change of use to take place without the requirement of planning permission.  

Bidwells have expertise in a broad range of Permitted Development Rights, many of which can be implemented on farms, estates, and rural property. This is an area we have specialised in over many years, meaning that our rates of success are significantly higher than the national average.

The legislation surrounding Permitted Development Rights is constantly changing and involving, with many criteria and requirements to be fulfilled. Bidwells can provide the expert advice you need to deliver your desired development, utilising Permitted Development Rights.




  • Advise on the implementation of permitted development rights, and which classes may be available to use at your property
  • Agricultural permitted development, including new agricultural buildings (Class A and Class B)
  • Change of use of buildings, including Class Q (agricultural to residential) and Class R (agricultural to commercial)
  • Utilising permitted development rights as a stepping stone to achieving development, as part of a wider development scheme
  • Using temporary changes of use of land and buildings in association with leisure and tourism schemes, e.g. wedding venues, outdoor cinema and so on.
  • Undertaking prior notifications and liaising with the Local Authority




  • New agricultural buildings (Class A)

  • Agricultural to Residential change of use (Class Q)
  • Agricultural to Commercial change of use (Class R)
  • Offices to Residential change of use (Class O)
  • Storage to Residential (Class P)
  • Temporary changes of use
  • Temporary buildings
Help us find an exact match for your search. Do you mean?

    or close this panel to search again