With more and more people wanting to visit and holiday in rural areas in the UK, leisure & tourism provides a huge opportunity for an income stream for farms and estates.
There is a vast range of opportunities for leisure and tourism on farms and estates, with planning policy supportive of projects and grants available in many areas.
Some opportunities include:
- Equine use
- 'Glamping'/camping projects
- Holiday lets and lodges
- Hospitality services
- Visitor attractions and activities
- Farm shops & other rural retail
- Weddings and corporate events
With uncertainty surrounding future agricultural income streams diversified revenues can help reduce the risks to farming businesses. This might be a project run in hand or working with operators in joint ventures or letting buildings and /or land.
We have a range of contacts across the different leisure uses and lists of businesses searching for appropriate sites.
The RDP team have the skills and specialist knowledge to advise on the potential financial reward of an idea, the likely outcome of a planning application and operational models for alternative uses. We are a multidiscipline team with mixed backgrounds so we can ensure that the team is put together to best advice the client.
WHAT WE CAN ASSIST YOU WITH
- Planning Applications for projects
- Feasibility studies and business planning
- Operational model options including introducing tenants and operators
OUR CORE SKILLS
- Business Planning
- Funding options
- Planning application advice
- Operational Structures and Management options