Supporting developers, landowners, INVESTORS and conservation bodies to deliver environmental net gain targets AND OFFSETTING REQUIREMENTS
Our Natural Capital and Carbon team is able to draw on a unique set of skills and experience, as well as an in-depth understanding of: ecological objectives; the economics and practicalities of land ownership, management, investment, organisational and delivery risks; contractual frameworks and relevant statutory principles; and the planning and development process, to achieve successful outcomes.
Natural Capital can be defined as the world's stocks of natural assets which include geology, soil, air, water, carbon and all living things.These assets have the capacity to support global human well-being and sustainable economic growth, while underpinning our economy. There is an increase in global demand to protect and enhance our Natural Capital assets, with private markets being created for the delivery of wider environmental benefits.
We have a strong track record of delivery on a wide range of ecosystem services schemes from small residential developments to high-profile and high-value national infrastructure projects as well as carbon sequestration via woodland creation and peat restoration. The team is currently retained by landowners, developers, investors and conservation bodies.
We can assist you with:
- Finding creative and cost-effective solutions for the delivery of net biodiversity and carbon gain
- Forest management and woodland creation
- Identifying suitable provision and offsetting sites for biodiversity and carbon
- Negotiating terms between recipients, landowners, and delivery bodies
- The implementation of robust and efficient management structures
- Quantifying environmental losses and gains under relevant assessment frameworks
- The valuation of all capital and revenue aspects associated with the delivery of net gain solutions
- Accessing public funds to support habitat creation and management schemes
- Obtaining planning and other relevant statutory consents
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Health and Well-being impact assessments
- Expert Witness
- Green infrastructure planning and design
- Stakeholder engagement
- Soil resource and agricultural land classification (ALC Surveys)