YOUR CHALLENGES AS A TENANT
As a tenant you need to predict and then manage your risk with regard to your occupancy costs so that you can pursue your core business goals with confidence.
You need to understand the right level of expenditure and when to spend it, to utilise it fully and ensure you don’t compromise your lease contract. This is where Bidwells can help.
How we can help
Our Building Surveyors work with hundreds of commercial occupiers across the country, helping them control their property risks and save money; whether that’s advising them on the condition of a building prior to signing a lease, refurbishment of their space to maximise occupancy, or defending their corner in a dilapidations dispute against their landlord.
What is Due diligence?
Before you sign a lease you need to be fully aware of the property condition so that you can be sure you’re paying the right rent. A due diligence report assesses every aspect of a building to highlight any risks you may inherit which might come to haunt you at the end of the lease.
Why use Bidwells for Due diligence?
- Our due diligence is a comprehensive process. As expert building consultants Bidwells understands buildings inside out. We have years of experience in assessing a wide range of building types and we’ll give you a report you can trust.
- We will visit the site and undertake a visual appraisal of the building as well as carry out a desk-based audit on previous use of the building and land. We can then provide you with a user-friendly yet authoritative report, giving you visibility of any pitfalls and risks and likely works needed to maintain the building.
- Thanks to our efficient team and network of contacts we’ll provide you with a timely, robust report so you can make the right decision when pursuing your lease, as well as having clarity on any potential future costs or claims.
What are Dilapidations?
This is a document which sets out a landlords view on a claim against you for not keeping the building in accordance with the lease.
Why use Bidwells for Dilapidations?
- The dilapidations process is a complex one. Using Bidwells’ experienced chartered building surveyors enables you to navigate the process clearly, smoothly and quickly.
- We will accurately assess your liability and ensure that you pay no more than you should.
- We believe being proactive is essential so we will engage with the landlord on your behalf and explain the options available, whilst saving you money against the landlords claim.
REPAIRS AND REFURBISHMENTS
What are Repairs and Refurbishments?
Whether you are undertaking a repairs project or want to refurbish your property, Bidwells will manage all aspects of the project’s design saving you time, hassle and money.
Why use Bidwells for Repairs and Refurbishments?
- Our expertise in this area means that you can trust us to manage every element in the design, procurement and delivery of the building work, keeping you up to speed with regular reporting.
- We will work with you to define the brief and optimise the design so that it meets your occupational requirements and most stringent environmental and building standards.
- Our teams will manage the entire process, including budgets and risk management, and procure the best contractors to do the work.
BUILDING REINSTATEMENT COST ASSESSMENT (BRCA)
What is a Building Reinstatement Cost Assessment?
Having the right insurance for your property is one of the most fundamental ways to reduce risk. You need to know that, in the event of a major incident, there are sufficient funds available to rebuild the property to the same specification as before. Knowing how much it would cost to rebuild the property is vital to organising the right insurance provision.
Why use Bidwells for a Building Reinstatement Cost Assessment?
- Most UK insurers expect a professional, accurate evaluation of a property’s rebuilding cost should it be destroyed. At Bidwells our assessments are trusted by insurers nationwide for their accuracy and reliability.
- No one likes paying through the nose for insurance, neither do you want to risk having to pay unforeseen costs. Our assessments will ensure you pay the right price to protect your business.
- Our experienced surveyors take a meticulous approach to assessing your property, tailoring our assessment entirely to your building, supported by the latest market cost intelligence.
PLANNED PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE (PPM)
What is Planned Preventative Maintenance?
When you enter a lease you’re committing to the landlord that you will keep it in good repair. Proactively maintaining your building will help to keep it in a good condition, complying with the lease terms and increasing your employees
well-being. What’s more, planning and organising any maintenance projects will enable you to budget for the capital expenditure over a number of years.
Why use Bidwells for Planned Preventative Maintenance?
- Bidwells partners with you, understanding how you will use the property before undertaking a full assessment of its condition. Then we create a strategy, planning and costing the repair or maintenance works so you can plan this in advance.
- Our experienced team understands the wealth of building warranties and insurance requirements your building is subject to. We will integrate these into the strategy.
- We understand lease terms. So we know what works you should and should not do to comply with your lease.
What is a Party Wall?
Party walls separate buildings and property belonging to different owners. If you are going to be affected by a neighbours development then we can help you make sure your interests are looked after.
Why use Bidwells for Party Wall projects?
- Our expert teams will steer you through the issues of party walls, protecting your interests and minimises risks.
- We will work as your intermediary, liaising with neighbours to gain agreements on access and even on the sighting of scaffolding or cranes where necessary.
- We will ensure that all party wall issues are resolved professionally, and legally protect the future integrity and value of your property. If the worst comes to the worst, we will act to resolve any disputes quickly and efficiently.