Riverside, Stretham Road, Wicken, Ely, CB7 5XL
Asking Price £785,000
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
A superb opportunity to purchase a new 3 bedroom home situated on the riverside with stunning fenland views.
- Superb newly built home with an exceptional specification and offering stunning fenland views
- Kitchens fitted with Bosch integrated appliances.
- Air source heat pump with underfloor heating throughout
- Triple glazing throughout
- Flooring included - oak effective luxury vinyl tile in a herringbone style, carpet to the first floor and Porcelanosa tiling to the bathrooms
- Excellent location with easy access to Cambridge, Newmarket and Ely
- Double garage
The property has been designed to enjoy the stunning fenland countryside views. The home has been positioned on the plot to enjoy the east, south and westerly aspects.
At the entrance way there is ample space for boots and coat storage. The door through leads to a snug/family room has sliding doors out to the south/west facing terrace and will have superb views for the evening.
One half of the ground floor is the stunning open plan living space. This features a kitchen area positioned to the entrance of this room and has a large island along with high quality fitted appliances. The room opens to the living/dining area which has a vaulted full height aspect and is fitted with expansive triple glazed windows and doors opening to the terrace.
The patio around this area makes the most of the southerly and westerly aspect, this room will have stunning views and will enjoy the sunset across the fenland countryside.
There is also the benefit of a separate utility room with door to the outside and a WC off the entrance hall.
To the eastern side of the property are the bedrooms - with doors through to this part of the home. Three generous bedrooms are provided; the principal bedroom has the benefit of the en suite shower room and there is a further family bathroom.
From the centre of the home there are stairs up to the first floor which provides two versatile rooms - potentially a study, further play area and extensive storage.
Outside there is a double garage, and the property will be finished with paving/concrete path around the property.
The property is situated on the riverside, off Dimmock's Cote Road (A1123) between the villages of Stretham and Wicken.
The position of this collection of homes provides stunning views across the East Cambridgeshire Fenland and the River Cam towards Kingfisher's Bridge Nature Reserve, which is just to the north of the development.
The Reserve has a visitor centre, many lovely walks and the Cam Washes Site of Special Scientific Interest and many areas of interest - including Wader, Fen and Wildflower Meadows along with Reedbeds and a lake.
Local amenities are located in Wicken and include a church, farm shop and play group. The village is renowned for the popular Wicken Fen Nature Reserve, South Angle Park Farm and the historic Devils Dyke walk at nearby Burwell.
The site is on the Cam Washes SSSI providing walks to Ely and Cambridge along the adjoining riverbank). The areas around Wicken provide many water-based attractions, with The River Cam having mooring at Upware Marina, TipTree Marina and Fish and Duck Marina. There are water sports available at Hannam’s Wake Hub at Stretham and Ely Sailing Club at Ely.
The villages of Fordham and Soham, both approximately 3 miles distant, provide a range of local shopping facilities and schools catering for all age ranges. For more extensive shopping and schooling, the horse racing town of Newmarket is within 9 miles or the Cathedral City of Ely is within 7 miles. Both provide excellent rail links for commuters to London and Cambridge.
Wicken is also ideally situated for commuters into Cambridge and Cambridge's Science and Business Parks via Stretham and the A10. The A14 (approximately 7 miles) provides good road connections to Bury St Edmunds to the east and to Cambridge and the M11.
- Bespoke kitchen with quartz work surfaces
- Bosch integrated appliances including induction hob
- Samsung air source heat pump with underfloor heating throughout
- Oak herringbone LVT to the ground floor and carpet to the first floor
- Porcelanosa tiles to bathrooms
- Duravit and Grohe sanitaryware
- Motion sensor skirting lights in bathrooms and bedroom hallway
- Birch face ply vaulted ceiling with feature uplighting to main living/kitchen area
- Double garage with bin and log store has 3 phase cabling installed, ready for 22KW fast EV charger
- Triple glazing throughout
- Glass feature gable to living/kitchen area
- Glass balustrading
- Dove grey Indian sandstone paving externally with Indian sandstone cobble perimeter
- Bio disc sewage treatment plant
MANAGEMENT COMPANY/ACCESS ROAD
The access road will be retained by the management company for which there will be an obligation to contribute to the maintenance and upkeep of the common areas and these are estimated to be circa £750 to £1,000 per annum per plot. This will typically cover:
• Mowing contract for all common parts
• Gate maintenance
• Hedges and tree maintenance
• Reserve for unforeseen works
- Ely 6.50km
- Waterbeach 9.03km
- Newmarket 14.03km
- Cambridge (Cambridge North) 14.05km