Pearce Close, Cambridge, CB3 9LY
Guide Price £1,600,000
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Reception rooms
A rare opportunity to acquire a cul-de-sac building plot in one of the most highly regarded and desirable areas of Cambridge, with full planning permission in place to create a substantial and contemporary detached house that opens onto a south facing back garden, to sit as neighbour to an existing well presented, 4 bedroom house, at number 6 Pearce Close, with its own planning in place for a rear extension and remodelling.
- 4 bedroom detached house along with a plot of 0.06 of an acre (0.024 hectares) in a superb, end of cul-de-sac location in the highly desirable Newnham district of the city
- Full planning permission in place to build a 3 storey detached house which affords the eventual purchaser the luxury of being able to "self-build" the property and choose the final specification and finish that they desire (Planning Ref: 20/04715/FUL)
- Potential end value of the building plot could be in the region of £1.8M if constructed in line with the current plans
- Planning permission in place to attractively rebuild the single-storey wing at the existing house, so as to create a spacious and sunlit kitchen-diner opening on to 6s back-garden (cgi available)
- Opportunity to remodel the existing property and incorporate the building plot to create a much larger garden
- No onward chain on either 6 or 7 Pearce Close
Cambridge City Centre 1 mile, M11 (junction 12) 1.25 miles, Mainline Railway Station (King’s Cross and Liverpool Street lines) 2 miles, (distances are approximate).
An incredibly rare development opportunity in this coveted city location, the site offers prospective purchasers the chance to acquire an existing detached property with scope for improvement as well as a generous plot with full planning given to create a second substantial property.
The existing house, 6 Pearce Close, originally dates from 1983 and is constructed with brick elevations under a tiled roof. Internally, the property offers 1,356 sq ft (126 sq m) of spacious and versatile accommodation arranged over 2 floors, which enjoys a light and airy feel throughout. The property further benefits from approved planning permission to demolish and rebuild the kitchen/dining room to create a further 108 sq ft of living space.
The plot which will home number 7 is situated at the end of a no through road and will be the natural focal point upon entry to Pearce Close. Measuring 0.06 of an acre (0.024 hectares), the plot has the fantastic benefit of having full planning permission in place to build a 3 storey detached house which affords the eventual purchaser the luxury of being able to "self-build" the property and choose the final specification and finish that they desire. Copies of the planning permissions (Ref: 20/04715/FUL) are available via Great Cambridge Shared Planning website www.greatercambridgeplanning.org and following the planning link.
This opportunity provides a number of options to the owner of 6 & 7 including the convenience of living in number 6 during the construction of the new property at number 7, coupled with the subsequent benefit of having a potential rental income on one or other of the properties. Alternatively, the plot of land at number 7 could be incorporated into the plot of number 6 to enhance the size of the garden alongside considerably improving and extending the existing house.
- Cambridge (CBG) 2.67km
- Cambridge (Cambridge North) 4.90km
- Great Shelford 6.19km
- Foxton 9.29km