High Street, Melbourn, Royston, SG8 6AL
Guide Price £695,000
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 3 Reception rooms
VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE ON THIS HOME!
- REQUEST YOUR VIRTUAL TOUR
- Charming period features including exposed beams, inglenook fireplaces and open fireplaces
- Dual aspect Sitting Room with brick inglenook fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove, opening to a pretty Dining Room
- Excellent Office providing a versatile space for working and studying from home
- Spacious Kitchen with wide range of wood wall and base units and quartz worksurfaces
- 4 double Bedrooms including 2 with bespoke fitted wardrobes
- Off street parking
- Courtyard garden and further rear garden
A charming Grade II listed, thatched cottage, in this desirable and well served south Cambridgeshire village.
Cambridge 9 miles, M11 (Junction 11) 5 miles, Royston (fast train to King's Cross 38 minutes) 6 miles, (distances and time are approximate).
The Thatched House is Grade II listed being of architectural or historical interest. Believed to date from the late 16th century, the property was originally 4 cottages and is constructed with a rendered timber frame under long straw thatched roofs. The present owners purchased the property in 2015 and have made a number of improvements to include new quartz worksurfaces and oven in the kitchen, bespoke fitted wardrobes to some bedrooms and re-thatching of the roof. The result is a beautifully presented family home which successfully combines the convenience of modern day living with the charm and character of the original period building.
- Meldreth 1.28km
- Royston 4.01km
- Shepreth 4.07km
- Foxton 5.35km