Cottered, Hertfordshire, SG9 9QL
Guide Price £1,500,000
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 Reception rooms
A stunning and greatly improved property steeped in local history, featuring luxurious and stylish accommodation, and nestled on the corner of the village green in this charming, semi-rural Hertfordshire location.
- Outstanding Kitchen/Dining/Family Room with ample space for a large dining table and multiple arched French doors opening to the terrace and gardens
- Excellent and thoughtfully designed Kitchen with an extensive range of wall and base cabinets, central island with breakfast bar and integrated appliances
- Useful Utility Area leading through to a Wine Room and Playroom with doors to the terrace and gardens
- Magnificent Drawing Room with large curved bay window, oak flooring, open fire place and arched French doors to the garden terrace, all overlooking the terrace and gardens
- Second and separate Home Office again overlooking the terrace and gardens
- 2 further Reception Rooms comprising a dual aspect Library/Snug opening to a spacious Home Office
- Exclusive private Principal Bedroom Suite comprising a large Bedroom with ample space for a seating area, Dressing Room with fitted wardrobes and a stylish En Suite Bathroom
- 4 further double Bedrooms, 2 with bay windows and Bedroom 2 featuring an En Suite Shower Room making it ideal as a guest suite
- Independent Annexe perfect as a guest retreat, accommodation for a dependent relative or even another work from home space
- In and out driveway, off street parking and Tandem Garage with access to the terrace and gardens
Buntingford 3 miles, Royston 9.4 miles, Hertford 16 miles, Baldock 6 miles, Stevenage 7 miles, A10 2.5 miles (distances are approximate).
As its name suggests, the Old Post Office Stores was previously the post office serving the village and originally dates from the 1930s. Well positioned in the centre of the village, it was later acquired by a local architect who substantially but sympathetically extended the property in 1998, keeping the existing dwelling at the heart of the design while incorporating many of the traditional features typical of 1930s properties such as its distinctive ‘Loggia’ and timber gables. Most recently, a comprehensive programme of renovation and reconfiguration to create a dramatically reimagined and spectacular family home which also features an independent annexe located in the original period building.
The accommodation in the main house is grand and benefits from well proportioned and spacious rooms which enjoy high ceilings and a light and airy feel. Tastefully decorated with a modern and contemporary edge, the attention to detail and high quality finish is consistently evident throughout. The property offers potential purchasers the rare opportunity to obtain a newly renovated property which requires no work.
- Baldock 8.88km
- Baldock 9.55km
- Stevenage 9.92km
- Watton at Stone 10.30km