Church Lane, Sawston, Cambridge, CB22 3JR
Guide Price £1,695,000
- 6 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 8 Reception rooms
VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE ON THIS HOME
- ONLINE VIEWING AVAILABLE! *
- Classic example of Victorian architecture
- Extensive accommodation, arranged over 3 floors extending to an impressive 5,298 sq ft (492 sq m)
- Planning permission obtained for alterations to the second floor, demolition of the boiler house, conversion of the stable block, construction of a two bay cart lodge and extension of the driveway
- Period features include deep skirtings, panelled doors, ornate ceiling roses, fireplaces, picture rails and sash windows
- Grand entrance via double doors to a fine Vestibule
- Impressive reception hall with geometric tiled floor and sweeping staircase
- Principal reception rooms and first floor bedrooms benefit from particularly high ceilings
- Wonderful dual aspect drawing room with large, deep glazed windows
- Spacious dining room with exposed timber floor and large floor to ceiling windows overlooking the garden
- Excellent study with bay window to side aspect, fitted book shelves and base level cabinets to alcoves
- Kitchen/breakfast room with bespoke handcrafted cabinets
- 4 bedrooms, 2 studies and 2 bath/shower rooms to the first floor
- 2 bedrooms and study to the second floor
- Gas fired central heating
A substantial former Vicarage with extensive, well-proportioned accommodation, situated within established gardens of just over an acre, in the heart of this convenient south Cambridgeshire village.
Cambridge 7 miles, Whittlesford Parkway Station (Liverpool Street 1 hour) 2 miles, Stansted Airport 20 miles, London 53 miles, (distances and time are approximate).
Dating from 1882, The Old Vicarage is constructed with brick elevations under slate roofs. It is a classic example of Victorian architecture with beautifully proportioned rooms, high ceilings and large windows. The extensive accommodation, arranged over 3 floors, has been extended and altered over the years to create a substantial home which offers tremendous versatility, suitable for a variety of needs. Further planning permission has been obtained ref: S/2208/18/FL for alterations to the second floor with roof windows, demolition of the boiler house, conversion of the stable block to provide a useful annex, construction of a two bay cart lodge and extension of the driveway.
In short, the property provides a rare opportunity to acquire a 6 bedroom, period house with many fine original features, well situated for access to Cambridge.
- Whittlesford 2.17km
- Great Shelford 3.82km
- Great Chesterford 7.06km
- Foxton 8.10km