Caxton Road, Bourn, Cambridge, CB23 2SX
Guide Price £2,750,000
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 Reception rooms
A distinctive Victorian country house, occupying an idyllic setting in 23 acres of glorious gardens and grounds with far reaching views.
- Rare opportunity to acquire a substantial privately situated country house with many original features
- 4,282 sq ft (398 sq m) of well proportioned accommodation with the principal reception rooms and bedrooms enjoying superb views over the surrounding countryside
- Versatile ground floor accommodation including 2 elegant reception rooms with marble fireplaces and dual aspects overlooking the gardens
- Principal bedroom with spacious en suite bath/dressing room and superb south and easterly outlook over the gardens and grounds
- 4 further bedrooms and 3 bath/shower rooms (1 en suite)
- Comprising approximately 23 acres of grounds including over an acre of beautifully landscaped gardens with heated swimming pool, meadows, paddocks and stables
- Secluded setting providing considerable potential for further alterations and additions, subject to any necessary planning permissions
- Former Victorian house/stable block with spacious first floor office and kitchenette
Cambridge 9 miles, M11 (Junction 12) 7 miles, Royston (King’s Cross 37 minutes) 11 miles, Stansted Airport 37 miles (distances and time are approximate).
Bourn Lodge provides an extremely rare opportunity to acquire a privately situated country house with over 23 acres of gently undulating land in this highly accessible west Cambridgeshire village. Formerly The Dower House to the Bourn Hall Estate and dating from 1866, the present owners purchased the property in 1966 and it is believed this is only the second time that it has been offered for sale in 100 years.
Constructed with brick elevations under a slate roof, the house has a distinctive castellated facade with stone dressed bay windows. The principal reception rooms and bedrooms have dual aspects and benefit from wonderful views over the gardens and grounds, Bourn village and rolling countryside beyond.
The well proportioned accommodation is arranged over two floors and is ideal for a good sized family. This secluded setting provides considerable potential for further alterations and additions, subject to any necessary planning permissions.
- Shepreth 11.66km
- Foxton 12.34km
- St Neots 12.73km
- Meldreth 13.21km