Adams Road, Cambridge, CB3 9AD
Guide Price £6,500,000
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 5 Reception rooms
VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE ON THIS HOME
- REQUEST YOUR VIRTUAL TOUR
- 5,060 sq ft (470 sq m) of immaculately presented accommodation
- Elegant Drawing Room with deep bay windows and open fireplace
- Superb Dining Room with bay window and doors leading to the adjacent Conservatory
- Bright and airy Kitchen/Breakfast Room fitted with range of base and wall cupboards with central island
- Stunning conservatory hand made and designed by Vale Garden House
- Fabulous Spa/Gym Suite
- Unique first floor Library with a stunning 10ft high barrelled ceiling
- Beautiful Principal bedroom suite with open fireplace and open vaulted ceiling
- 5/6 further Bedrooms arranged over two floors with 3 bath/shower rooms (2 En Suite)
- Extensive mature gardens of 0.61 acre
- Double Car port, Loggia with wood store and off street parking for several vehicles
A magnificent Victorian house with beautifully presented accommodation, set in stunning landscaped gardens, in an idyllic west city location.
Cambridge City Centre 1 mile, Mainline Railway Station 2 miles (Liverpool Street 70 minutes and King's Cross 49 minutes), M11 (Junction 13) 2.5 miles (distances and times are approximate).
Dating from 1899, No 7 Adams Road is a truly wonderful example of the late Victorian era and most imposing from its rear elevation, with charming reception rooms, original features still intact and a delightful aspect over the gardens to the south. Constructed of mellow red brick elevations with pretty tile hanging to the first floor under a tiled roof, of particular note is the superb first floor Library with its barrelled ceiling.
More recently the current owners have sympathetically extended and renovated the property under the direction of NRAP, a leading Cambridge practice to ensure the retention of many of the original period features including panelling, window seats and cornicing. Merging seamlessly with the original building, the new extension incorporates a large family kitchen/breakfast room with handmade units by Chalon of London, a splendid conservatory built by Vale Garden Houses leading through to the spa/gym with bespoke glass shower and sauna enclosures and an Italian spa designed by Tecu with Luna stone tiling. A new luxurious principal bedroom occupies the entirety of the first floor of the extension and completes this work.
- Cambridge (CBG) 2.80km
- Cambridge (Cambridge North) 4.29km
- Great Shelford 6.92km
- Waterbeach 8.98km