High Street, Hauxton, Cambridge, CB22 5HW
Guide Price £2,500,000
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
A substantial detached family home set in grounds of 8.08 acres (3.272 hectares) with extensive river frontage, and including a detached bungalow and outbuildings comprising studio, stable, workshop and garage.
- Substantial family home close to Cambridge
- Unique river frontage
- Offering immediate vacant possession
- Outbuildings including stable, workshop, garage
- Detached bungalow with large garden - opportunity for individual sale
- Enjoying an attractive position within the well-serviced village of Hauxton
- Excellent location for access to Cambridge and commuter routes of A10/M11
- Mainline Railway Stations at Foxton, Whittlesford Parkway and Cambridge providing links to London
- Local amenities within walking distance
- The site benefits from a positive pre-application response for the redevelopment of properties No. 23 and No. 27
- The site extends to approximately 8.08 acres (3.272 hectares)
Gross internal floor area 2,881 sq ft (267.7 sq m)
Collection of outbuildings comprising studio, garage, workshop and stable with the opportunity for redevelopment to a substantial single storey dwelling in the region of 2,140 sq ft (subject to planning).
Gross internal floor area 4,607 sq ft (428 sq m)
Principal residence on the site with accommodation comprising:
• Ground Floor: Reception Hall, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Family Room, Pantry, Work Room, Utility, Boiler Room, Store Room, Garden/Entertainment Room, Home Office, Conservatory
• First Floor: Principal Bedroom with Balcony, Dressing Room and En Suite Shower Room, 3 Further Bedrooms, Family Bathroom, Study Area
Gross internal floor area 827 sq ft (76.9 sq m)
Existing 2 bedroom bungalow within a large garden offering the opportunity for redevelopment into a substantial single storey dwelling of circa 3,175 sq ft (subject to planning). Current accommodation comprises Kitchen, Living Room, 2 Bedrooms, Bathroom. Opportunity for individual sale.
The site is located within the jurisdiction of South Cambridgeshire District Council.
The vendor has previously submitted a pre-application enquiry for the redevelopment of properties No. 23 and No. 27. Copies of both responses are available to view for interested parties.
The redevelopment is as proposed:
No. 23 – 4 bed, 199 sqm (2,140 sq ft)
No. 27 – 4 bed, 295 sqm (3175 sq ft)
Wayleaves, Easements, Covenants & Right of Way
The site will be sold subject to all wayleaves, easements, covenants and rights of way, whether or not disclosed.
Value Added Tax
We understand that VAT will not be chargeable on the purchase price, however in the event that VAT does become payable, it will be charged at the prevailing rate.
The vendor and vendor’s agents will do their best to specify ownership of all boundaries but will not be bound to determine these. Interested parties will have to satisfy themselves to the ownership of all boundaries.
Hauxton lies to the south of Cambridge just off the A10 only 1.5 miles from junction 11 of the M11. The village has an historic church, village hall, primary school and shop. Further shopping and public houses are available at Harston (1 mile) and Great Shelford (2 miles). More extensive shopping and schooling facilities are available in the city of Cambridge approximately 4.5 miles away.
The University city of Cambridge is not only world renowned for its academic achievements but also as an important centre for the "high-tech" and research and development industry. The city also provides a wide range of shopping and cultural facilities along with an excellent choice of state and highly rated independent schools for all ages.
For the commuter, Foxton Railway Station (about 3 miles) provides a service to London's King's Cross 72 minutes), Whittlesford Parkway Station (about 5.5 miles) provides a service to London's Liverpool Street (60 minutes) and Cambridge Railway Station (about 4.9 miles) provides services to both King’s Cross and Liverpool Street in about 52 minutes and 68 minutes respectively.
- Great Shelford 2.23km
- Foxton 4.69km
- Whittlesford 6.33km
- Shepreth 6.38km