penny coles
Rural Surveyor

Based in our Fort William office, Penny is a member of Bidwells’ Rural Team assisting in estate management, valuations and undertaking a broad range of rural professional work

Penny joined Bidwells in 2018 as a Graduate Rural Surveyor after completing a Masters of Land Economy in Rural Surveying and Rural Land Management (RICS accredited) at the University of Aberdeen before which she attained a Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) in Geography.

Based in our Fort William Office, she has experience in rural estate management and is currently registered with RICS to undertake the Rural Pathway of the APC.

She has assisted in the management of Highland estates and has been exposed to landlord and tenant negotiations, agricultural and residential tenancy reviews, valuations of agricultural holdings and estates, and utility wayleaves and acquisition.

As part of on-going estate management, she has gained experience in the ongoing maintenance of rural residential properties, undertaking viewings, organising applications and documents of tenancies and co-ordinating repair and refurbishment works.

Recent projects

  • Waygoing claims
    Penny has been involved in preparing two way-going claims; one on behalf of the landlord and one for an agricultural tenant where she was part of the negotiations between both clients. The valuation of the claims included both residential property and agricultural improvements, such as fences, buildings and the calculations of fertiliser and lime residuals.

  • Agricultural MLDT
    Penny was involved with the selection of a new agricultural tenant, through a lengthy process from start to finish, including marketing, viewings, tender application reviews, interviews, tenant selection and the drawing up of the new Modern Limited Duration Tenancy.

  • Land Acquisition
    Penny has been involved in a large project, negotiating terms and reviewing practical implications on behalf of the landowner, regarding the acquisition of land for the expansion of a water treatment works facility.



  • Rural estate agency 
  • Waygoing claims



  • Private residential tenancy agreements
  • Compulsory purchase
Help us find an exact match for your search. Do you mean?

    or close this panel to search again