Bidwells’ development consultancy team specialises in advice on residential development viability and work with clients to understand their goals and ultimately develop a strategy to deliver a commercially viable solution.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR CHALLENGES
Negotiating the level of affordable housing and other contributions to maintain the commercial viability of a scheme is a critical challenge for all developments.
It is essential to structure a convincing argument to ensure a development project meets the needs of all parties. Agreeing the right balance and tenure of affordable housing, and other planning gain, alongside commercial elements and the relationship to local infrastructure, requires detailed analysis and professional advice.
Having achieved planning permission, our approach will ensure the best possible price is achieved when the scheme is presented to the market.
Our reputation is based on the exceptional level of development consultancy advice we offer clients.
With a clear understanding of your objectives, we will forensically analyse your scheme, assess comparable projects and apply our detailed knowledge gained from years of experience, both locally and nationally, including many successful appearances at planning appeal inquiries and hearings.
With a depth of evidence and a case built on detailed research, we will ensure you have the best chance of agreeing a scheme that is commercially viable.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
We will ensure your scheme matches the requirements of the market and delivers your objectives. By advising on density of development, unit size and the values of different tenures, we will drive the commercial impact of your development and:
- Capitalise on affordable housing negotiations to secure the most valuable planning permission possible
- Minimise the impact of affordable housing on the private sales values of your scheme
- Deliver a compelling argument based on the unique characteristics of your development to achieve commercial viability
- Access experienced specialists across Bidwells to get advice from experts with a track record of success and detailed market knowledge
- Viability assessments for planning, applications and appeals
- Exercise of land option agreements
- Ransom negotiation
- Expert witness / determination
- Affordable housing negotiation and disposal
- Strategic advice on development potential
- Early stage advice to drive development value
- Land consolidation
- Commercial advice on shared land ownerships