Our head of science and technology David Williams has joined a New London Architecture (NLA) expert panel on science, tech and innovation.
The NLA Expert Panel brings together industry experts to provide thought-leadership on design, development and construction in London and the Golden Triangle and respond to new policies or consultations.
David Williams a Partner in Business Space Agency at Bidwells, leads our firmwide Science and Technology group, focussed on advising developer and investor clients on 23 science and technology campuses across the Golden Triangle. He also leads the team retained to advise Oxford Sciences Innovation plc, the world’s largest University fund, with a growing portfolio of 78 technology companies.
Bidwells recently partnered with the NLA on a new piece of science and technology sector research entitled 'Knowledge Networks: London and the Ox-Cam Arc'.
The report explores the unique ecosystem of knowledge intensive companies in the Golden Triangle with a particular focus in technology, medicine and life sciences. In response the unprecedented crisis brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, the report highlights how the knowledge economy sector is more critical than ever.
David will be joined of the NLA panel by:
- Jonathan Burroughs, CEO, Creative Places
- Rob Partridge, Design Director, AKT II
- Rebecca Mortimore, Principal, Hassell
- Kat Hanna, Masterplan Strategist, Lendlease
- Darius Umrigar, Science & Higher Education Director, NBBJ
- Peter Baird, Urban Design Associate, Perkins Will
- Faaiza Lalji, Director of Planning and Development, Precis Advisory Limited
- Charles Walford, Property Director, Stanhope
- Gavin Henderson, Principal Director, Stanton Williams
The panel will develop findings from the Knowledge Networks report, and focus on the design and delivery of spaces for the science, tech and innovation sectors to support the burgeoning knowledge economy, and the clustering of businesses across the region to foster innovation.
David recently presented a whistle-stop tour of the commercial property market across the Arc at an NLA webinar. You can watch David's presentation here.