The proceeds of a frenetic year of 180th birthday fundraising was formally donated to cancer care charity Maggie’s this week when Bidwells’ Senior Partner Patrick McMahon proudly presented a cheque for £92,297.
Partners and employees across Bidwells’ six UK offices came together to each raise £180 for the Cambridge-based charity in 2019 as part of its 180 Grand Challenge.
Bidwells’ charity heroes ran, walked, cycled, baked, climbed and raced their way to the mammoth total, completing hundreds of events to celebrate the property consultancy’s 180th year in business.
Managing Director Catherine Spitzer even made it to the South Pole after an eventful eight-day trek to the snowy wilderness. Learn more about Catherine Spitzer’s eight-day trek to the South Pole here.
Other highlights include:
- In Cambridge, Bidwells’ Building division climbed 180 floors of 50 buildings they have worked on in the city, covering 15 miles over 11 hours
- In Milton Keynes, Bidwells’ office team ran a quiz for colleagues and clients at the Brew House and Kitchen and a group of employees also ran 180 miles each over 12 weeks
- A Norwich office team walked the 26-mile Marriott’s Way between Norwich and Aylsham
- Bidwells’ Oxford office ran a Rust Bucket Rally – all in cars worth less than £400 - from their Oxford office to Bidwells’ Fort William office, covering 4,000 miles in three days
- The Trimley Estate Office held a quiz night at the Felixstowe Trades and Labour Club
- Bidwells’ London Planning team completed the Three Peaks Challenge covering 30 miles on foot and 1,000 miles by car in 24 hours
Patrick McMahon said: “At Bidwells, we really know how to pull together for a great cause and this year has been no different. Our incredible charity total is an achievement we can all be truly proud of - in a special year for the Firm - and we will delight in seeing how well Maggie’s make use of the money we raised.”
Bidwells’ donation will help Maggie’s cancer support specialists to offer free professional support for 308 days across their centres in Cambridge, Oxford and West London.
Andrea Chupacova, Campaign Manager at Maggie’s, said: “What an amazing effort from the Bidwells team. It has been brilliant to be involved with their fundraising throughout the year and we’ve thoroughly enjoyed supporting them with their many and unique activities.”
Bidwells’ four Scottish offices also raised a total of £10,552 for its chosen 180th year charity, Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance, bringing the grand total across the Firm to £102,849.