Government is planning for large-scale infrastructure and economic growth in trailblazing UK region, the Oxford-Cambridge Arc.
In a series of webinars, Bidwells looks at at how the huge potential of the Arc can be unleashed.
January 14 | 12- 1pm
Academia, Science and Tech
The Arc is home to world-leading Science & Tech companies. But how can we ensure they attract the best talent, from top universities, to enable this sector to flourish? And can we provide the development and infrastructure needed to retain them? We look at how Universities and S&T businesses are working together in major transformational projects across the Ox-Cam Arc, including sustainable aviation, space gateway, life sciences network, future transport and energy, and how it is attracting investors.
- Richard Todd (Chair) - Head of Oxford, Bidwells
- Sir Peter Gregson - Chair of the Arc Universities Group
- Dr Matt Perkins, - CEO of Oxford University Innovation
- Dr Lesley Thompson - Director Academic & Government Strategic Alliance, Elsevier
- Holly Dawson - Head of Milton Keynes, Bidwells
In partnership with
February 17 | 12- 1PM
With MHCLG set to launch plans for the much anticipated Arc Spatial Framework what does the development industry and local leaders expect to see in the framework and how can government ensure that it is a success?
In the fourth instalment of the Unleashing the Arc webinar series, our expert panel will debate the Arc Spatial Framework process and what government needs to do meet the expectations of the communities and businesses across the Arc, and ultimately deliver its Arc vision.
- Iain Keys (Chair) - Partner, Fund Management, Bidwells
- Bev Hindle - Executive Director, Oxford to Cambridge Arc Leadership Group
- Jackie Sadek, - Author and CEO, UK Regen
- Robbie Owen- Head of Infrastructure Planning and Government Affairs, Pinsent Masons
- Rob Hopwood - Arc Lead, Bidwells
NOVEMBER 25 | 12- 1PM
Build, Build, Build
With central Government proposing an Arc-wide spatial strategy and four development corporations for the Arc, is MHCLG now striking the right balance with local policy-making to Build, Build, Build at the pace required?
We were joined by Kris Krasnowski, from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government as he provides an update on the Government's Arc Vision.
- Kris Krasnowski - Oxford-Cambridge Arc Portfolio Director at MHCLG
- Bev Hindle - Executive Director of Arc Leadership Group
- Jeremy Long - Chair of Arc Local Enterprise Partnerships Group
- Mike Derbyshire - Partner, Head of Planning, Bidwells
- Chaired by: Neil Kelly - Partner, Head of Residential Development, Bidwells
Watch the webinar below.
OCTOBER 22 | 12- 1PM
Is the Green Belt choking green economic growth?
While the Government is planning for large-scale infrastructure and economic growth in the Ox- Cam Arc, the Wildlife Trust is promoting it’s bold green vision for the region. We will discussed how we can create a regional ‘green infrastructure plan’.
- Rob Hopwood (chair), Partner, Bidwells
- Paul Leinster, Professor of Environmental Assessment at Cranfield University
- Roland Bull, Head of Rural Investment, Bidwells
- Estelle Bailey, Chief Executive at Berks, Bucks & Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust
- Andrew Taylor, Group Planning Director, Countryside
Watch the webinar below.