Ponsbourne Park, Newgate Street, Hertfordshire.
The present house was built in 1876 by James W Carlile who demolished the 1761 villa and built a much larger property. In 1932 Ponsbourne was leased as a school and after the Second World War it became St. Dominics Primary School. Ponsbourne House was extended in 1903 and is predominantly 2-storey in height with some 3-storey elements.
The property was most recently occupied as a De Vere Hotel and a training centre for Tesco which closed in December 2016. This provides a range of
redevelopment uses such as residential, care home, education facility, religious facility, hotel or training centre.
Ponsbourne Park provides a unique redevelopment opportunity in a prime Hertfordshire location. The site can be purchased either as a whole or as
separate lots. The existing buildings on site in addition to Ponsbourne House include a two-storey accommodation block located to the north-west of Ponsbourne House, a conference suite located immediately to the rear of Ponsbourne House, a main car park area with 79 spaces and overflow car park with 42 spaces, a single
storey t-shaped building (formerly used as additional training facilities), a range of traditional agricultural buildings, a pair of 2 storey cottages (vacant), 5 tennis courts and clubhouse occupied by Ponsbourne Tennis Club (under a lease) and a walled garden to the north of the clubhouse.
Ponsbourne Park is located to the South of Hertford, west of Broxbourne and Cheshunt and north of Cuffley. The main house and surrounding land are accessed from a driveway that begins within the Newgate Street settlement, 0.2
miles to the south of the site.
Newgate Street includes a primary school, two public houses, a church, an Italian restaurant, a golf club, a village hall and recreation ground and has a population of approximately 400.
• Cuffley Train Station ~ 3.1 miles
• Cheshunt Train Station ~ 5.7 miles
• Potters Bar Train Station ~ 6 miles
• London Stansted Airport ~ 28.4 miles
Lot 1 ~ As shaded blue on the plan. This lot consists of 14.104 hectares (34.85 acres) and includes Ponsbourne House, Home Farm, Ponsbourne Park Tennis Club (to be relocated) and associated buildings.
Lot 2 ~ As shaded pink on the plan. This lot consists of 47.613 hectares (117.65 acres) of arable land and 6.626 hectares (16.37 acres) of woodland. The land is currently let on a Farm Business Tenancy and is farmed on an arable rotation across five separate fields.
Access is available from a Byway Open to All Traffic - Bayford 11, which runs directly from White Stubbs Lane, adjacent to North Lodge.
Lot 3 ~ As shaded yellow on the plan. This lot consists of 18.075 hectares (44.66 acres) of permanent pasture, currently let on a Farm Business Tenancy to the neighbouring riding centre. Five of the fields are currently grazed with horses.
Access is available off a Byway Open to All Traffic - Hatfield 94, which runs directly from Newgate Street Village.
Lot 4 ~ As shaded green on the plan. This lot consists of 2.871 hectares (7.09 acres) of permanent pasture, separated into two paddocks.
Access is available off a Byway Open to All Traffic - Bayford 11, which runs directly from White Stubbs Lane, adjacent to North Lodge or Hatfield 94 which comes directly from Newgate Street Village.