- Superb city townhouse designed by award winning architects, Alison Brooks
- Accommodation of just under 2,000 sq ft and set over 3 floors
- Gardens, balconies and terraces to all floors
- Superb master bedroom suite on the third floor with private terrace
- High quality specification
- Situated within the popular Athena development at Eddington
- Excellent location for the city centre
- Access to the M11 within a couple of minutes
- Superb show home open to view 7 days a week
Plot 53, The Milne Villas
Cambridge, CB3 0QZ
The Milne Villas, designed by Stirling Prize winning architect Alison Brooks, are imposing homes with flexible living accommodation over three floors. On each floor there are garden/terraces.
The Milne Villas provide just under 2000 sq ft of accommodation are the first houses designed by Alison Brooks to be completed at Athena.
These homes are set over three floors:
Entrance hall; utility room; study/bedroom 4; WC; kitchen/dining room to the rear with doors to the courtyard garden.
Triple aspect living room with doors to two terraces and a balcony; Bedroom 3 with Juliet balcony; bathroom.
Bedroom 2 with Juliet balcony; Master bedroom suite with en suite shower room and private terrace.
This home also has an integral garage with cycle storage and door leading to the hallway.
As well as the superb design, this home is finished to an excellent specification a signature of the developer Hill, who is a 5* House Builder and multi award winner.
Athena is perfectly placed for connectivity into the city centre. Situated on the popular west side of Cambridge, there are many amenities within easy reach from Sainsburys (and future shops) within the Eddington area to those in Girton and along the Huntingdon Road and into the city centre. Waitrose at Trumpington is just around 6.5 miles away.
For schooling Athena is ideally positioned not only does it have the superb University of Cambridge Primary School and Nursery on its doorstep, there is also a wealth of schooling available nearby from the private schools of St Johns College and Kings College Schools are just 1.5miles, The Leys, St Faiths and The Perse are all around 3.5 miles all towards the city centre.
Access around the city to the south side is also extremely convenient with the M11 southbound only a mile away making commuting to Addenbrookes Hospital/Biomedical Campus (along with AstraZeneca, The Papworth Trust and the MRC) a straight forward connection. Slightly further along the M11 the A505 turning connects you to Granta Park and The Babraham Research Park.
Athena forms part of Eddington, the new district to the west of Cambridge. Eddington has been designed with sustainability in mind. Innovative measures that are unique to Eddington include:
• The largest rainwater harvesting and recycling system in the UK
• A district heating network this centralised energy centre uses gas to generate power and heat for the homes at Eddington and is a vital part of the sustainability strategy.
• An underground bin system an innovative waste disposal utilising a series of stainless steel bins for general waste and recycling, a method ensuring no unsightly bins outside Eddingtons homes.
Contemporary and stylish bespoke German kitchens; each kitchen designed and specified for the individual house type and featuring matt finish doors and drawers in white.
Composite stone worktops and upstands create a smart and modern look. Energy efficient and sleek appliances by Siemens and Bosch have been selected to complement the look and design of the kitchens.
• Siemens induction hob
• Siemens integrated oven
• Siemens integrated microwave
• Bosch integrated fridge
• Bosch integrated freezer
• Bosch integrated dishwasher
• Wine fridge
• Stainless steel Blanco sink with contemporary Blanco mixer tap
• Cooker hood either flush fitted to the ceiling bulkhead or integrated within wall units
• Glass splashback where applicable
• LED lighting to wall units
• Soft close to doors and drawers
• Integrated pull out waste bin with recycling facility Kitchen designs and layouts vary; please speak to our Sales Executives for further information
BATHROOM AND EN SUITE
Contemporary Duravit sanitary ware is used to create stunning bathrooms and en suites and Hansgrohe taps and showers are used throughout. Vanity tops and bath panels in a walnut wood effect add a touch of elegance to the rooms.
* Duravit sanitary ware
* Hansgrohe mixer taps and showers
* Bette bath with shower above and glass shower screen
* Low profile shower trays with glass shower screen
* Wood effect vanity top with matching bath panel
* Large format wall and floor tiles
* Heated chrome towel rails
* Underfloor heating
Higher than standard ceilings, like those you find in traditional period homes, over-sized doors and large windows give a sense of space in every room. To achieve a contemporary style interior, we have selected clean lines for stairs, doors, architraves and skirting, keeping everything white and flush to complement the beautiful floor finishes and to create a calm and tranquil environment.
• Contemporary white painted timber staircase with carpeted treads and risers
• White painted flush internal doors with contemporary brushed stainless-steel ironmongery
• Bespoke dressing rooms or built in wardrobes to master and second bedrooms where shown on floor plans
• Square cut skirting and architrave
• Walls painted in white emulsion
• Smooth ceilings in white emulsion
• Engineered timber flooring to all ground floor rooms plus dedicated first floor living rooms
• Wool carpet to all bedrooms, stairs and landings
• Large format floor and wall tiles to bathrooms and en-suites
DOORS AND WINDOWS
• Triple glazed composite windows and glazed doors featuring aluminium cladding externally, white painted timber internally
• Aluminium clad or glazed front door
• Timber or aluminium clad automatic up and over garage doors
HEATING AND WATER
• Underfloor heating throughout
• Heated chrome towel rails to bathrooms and en-suites
• Heating and hot water via district heating, metered to each property
• Mechanical ventilation and heat recovery
• Downlights to kitchen/dining/living room, bathroom, en-suite and WC
• Pendant fittings in selected locations to kitchen/ dining/living room, entrance hall, landings and all bedrooms
• LED lights to wall units in kitchen
• Brushed stainless steel electrical switches and sockets throughout, some switches with integrated USB port
• TV and phone point to kitchen/dining/living room and all bedrooms
• Wiring for customers own connection to super-fast broadband, up to 100MB*
• Pre-wired for customers own SKY connection and subscription
• External lighting to front and rear of property plus terraces, courtyard gardens and balconies
• Light and power to garage • Hard-wired smoke and heat detectors
• Spur for customers own installation of security alarm panel to entrance hall
*Broadband speed information provided by BT / Virgin
• Decking to balconies and terraces
• 10 year NHBC warranty
PREDICTED ENERGY ASSESSMENT
The energy efficiency rating and environmental impact rating for the houses at Athena is A, which is classed as very low running costs and very environmentally friendly.
Facilities shared between the homes at Athena and the wider Eddington neighbourhood, such as cycling and foot paths, landscaping, street lighting, waste and recycling facilities, swales and attenuation ponds, any non-adopted private roads, plus the energy centre and any treatment plants, will all be looked after and maintained by a management team.
A service charge will be payable by every home owners for these services.
We are unable to accommodate any individual changes, additions or amendments to the specification, layout or plans to any individual home. Please note that it may not be possible to obtain the products as referred to in the specification; in such cases a similar alternative will be provided. Hill reserve the right to make these changes as required.
VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT THROUGH BIDWELLS NEW HOMES