- Impressive double height Reception Hall with feature curved exposed brick walls, oak floor and oak staircase with glass balustrades to Galleried Landing.
- Dual aspect Sitting Room with deep glazed windows and doors, with integral blinds, along the southern and eastern elevations.
- Bespoke Kitchen/Dining Room flooded with light from deep glazed sliding doors and double height ceiling with extensive roof light.
- The Kitchen is fitted with a range of quality handleless, soft closing cabinets and drawers by Wychwood Cabinet Makers, granite and oak work surfaces, large walk-in Larder with extensive range base level cabinets, Quooker instant hot water tap and range of integrated Miele appliances comprising twin ovens, fridge/freezer, larger freezer, dishwasher, induction hob and touch control downdraft extractor fan.
- Superb Cinema Room providing a real cinema experience with 9 leather seats (6 reclining), 4k upscaled projector, 3m wide screen and 5.2.4 Dolby Atmos surround sound system, wired for upgrade to 9.4.4 for future requirements.
- 3 Further Reception Rooms comprising versatile Gym/Family Room, charming Snug and Study with curved corner display cabinet and range of fitted bookshelves.
- Excellent Master Bedroom Suite 224 x 173 (6.80m x 5.26m) with walk-in wardrobe, stylish En Suite Bath/Shower Room and French doors to an extensive paved Balcony 282 x 106 (8.59m x 3.20m) enclosed by glass balustrades and providing a wonderful elevated view over adjoining countryside.
- 4 Further Bedrooms, all En Suite, 2 of which are on the Ground Floor providing facilities for dependent relatives if required.
- High performance triple glazed windows with internal blinds fitted with acoustic Italian glass for sound reduction.
- 5,000 litre domestic rainwater harvesting system and water softener.
- Oil fired underfloor heating, pressurised hot water and air source heat pump.
- Multiple Cat6 data, TV points and robust wifi system provides flexibility and seamless internet connectivity throughout the house.
- Control for lighting and audio system, currently controlling the Kitchen/Dining Room, Sitting Room and Cinema Room by Iconic Home Ltd.
- Security alarm system including 6 external cameras.
- 10 year warranty.
A magnificent barn style residence of immense quality and style with superb family accommodation of 5,065 sq ft within grounds of 2.01 acres.
Cambridge 6 miles, Royston (fast train service to King's Cross) 11 miles, M11 (Junction 12) 2.5 miles, Stansted Airport 32 miles (distances are approximate).
This substantial barn style residence has been built to an exceptionally high standard incorporating the latest 21st Century technology.
Constructed by local developers, Jackson Ward Developments Ltd, with a combination of brick rendered and weatherboard clad elevations under a slate roof, the well-proportioned accommodation includes many striking features including curved walls, high pitched ceilings, exposed concrete beams from the original barn and large deep glazed windows and roof lights creating a light and airy feel throughout.
The extensive accommodation, arranged over 2 floors offers tremendous versatility suitable for a variety of family needs.
In short, Stallan Barn provided a wonderful opportunity to acquire a highly individual and substantial family house situated within gardens and grounds of 2.01 acres (0.815 hectares), enjoying a semi-rural setting, yet only a short drive from Cambridge city centre.
Stallan Barn enjoys a delightful private position set well back from the road backing on to adjoining countryside. It is approached over a private tree lined driveway and through a gated entrance which leads to an extensive gravelled area and parking for several cars.
Formal gardens are enclosed by established hedges and screened in parts by mature trees. Extensive paved terracing adjoins the eastern and southern elevations and recent seeding will create various areas of lawn.
To the east of the barn is an informal area which is enclosed by post and rail fencing and hedging and would be ideal as a paddock, orchard etc.
Stallan Barn is delightfully situated on the eastern outskirts of this highly regarded West Cambridgeshire village. Local facilities include a post office/general store, butcher, Church, public house, playgroup, hair salon, doctors surgery, dentists surgery and a sports/leisure centre. For golf enthusiasts, there are 18 hole golf courses in the neighbouring villages of Toft and Bourn. Education is well served with the Meridian Primary School and the highly renowned Village College, constantly rated outstanding by Ofsted, which also has a Sixth Form.
Nearby Cambridge is not only world renowned for its academic achievements, but also has become the centre of the high tech and bio tech industries with the University Research and Development Laboratories, Cambridge Science Park, ARM, Microsoft, AstraZeneca and Addenbrookes Hospital/Biomedical Campus. There is also a wide choice of independent schools on the west and south sides of the city, together with sixth form colleges, for which there are dedicated bus services from the village.
Road and rail communications are good with the M11 within 2.5 miles connecting with the A14 and A1/M to the north and with the M25/Stansted Airport/London to the south. There is a mainline railway station at Cambridge providing services to London Kings Cross and Liverpool Street in about 52 and 67 minutes respectively. Alternatively, there is a fast commuter service to Kings Cross from Royston in about 38 minutes.