- ONLINE VIEWING AVAILABLE! *
- Extensive accommodation extending to 4,884.8 sq ft (453.8 sq m) including Coach House.
- Stunning dual aspect Drawing Room with wood panelling and open fireplace
- Superb Family Room with French doors leading to terrace and gardens
- Dining Room with open fireplace and Library with shelving running both sides of the room
- 6 double Bedrooms and 3 Bath/Shower Rooms (1 En Suite)
- Second floor large open landing space providing additional space for studying and working from home
- 2 storey Coach House currently configured as a home gym.
- Spectacular gardens and grounds of 1.56 acres (0.632 hectares)
** VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE ON THIS HOME **
A magnificent Grade II* listed former vicarage, set within stunning gardens and grounds of approximately 1.5 acres, located in this charming village location only a few miles east of Cambridge.
Cambridge city centre 4 miles, Cambridge Science Park 3 miles, Newmarket 8 miles (distances are approximate).
The Old Vicarage is believed to date from 1887 and was designed by the well-known architect William White, one of the most prominent Victorian architects of his day. Grade II* listed, The Old Vicarage is judged to be of particular importance and is constructed with attractive red brick elevations under tiled roofs. The property is a fine example of its period with well-proportioned rooms, high ceilings and a wealth of original period features including picture rails, cornicing, open fireplaces, solid wood floors, panelled doors, working shutters and a stained glass window. The accommodation, which extends to an impressive 4,884.8 sq ft (45.8 sq m), is immaculately presented throughout and decorated in keeping with the grandeur of the property. A particularly fine feature of the interior is the dog leg staircase located in the entrance hall, which creates a void through the house and is flooded with light from a stunning, gothic stained glass window.
Planning permission was previously granted for the addition of a single storey extension to the rear of the property and more advice regarding an application of this nature can be sought from the South Cambridgeshire District Council Planning Department.