- Histon, best known for its picturesque village green and pond surrounded by attractive period cottages, is one of the most popular of the necklace villages around Cambridge.
- Combined with Impington it provides an excellent range of facilities including small supermarkets, post office, library, bank, restaurants and public houses, schooling for all ages and sixth form centre.
- Dating from the early 1900s, this is a fine example of Edwardian architecture with well proportioned rooms benefitting from high ceilings and deep glazed windows.
- Reminiscent of a Rectory or Vicarage, the property was actually built as a surgery and still retains the original waiting room, consulting room and surgery.
- Marketed for the first time in almost 60 years, the property would benefit from being update, however, it has been exceptionally well maintained over the years.
- Period features include panelled doors, deep skirtings, picture rails, stained glass leaded light windows and fireplace.
- Impressive Reception Hall, with fine stained glass leaded light window, accessed via a charming high pitched porch and entrance door with inset stained glass panel and matching transom.
- Drawing Room with bay window and seating to side aspect, French doors to rear garden and open fireplace with tiled hearth, timber surround and mantle.
- Study and 3 further Reception Rooms comprising Dining Room, versatile Family Room and Sitting Room including bay window with seating to front aspect and fitted bookshelves to alcoves.
- Two detached single garages, Anderson air raid shelter, summer house and wonderful, established gardens approaching half an acre which provide a high level of privacy and seclusion.
A most impressive Edwardian house delightfully situated within wonderful gardens and grounds of about half an acre, close to the centre of this popular and well served village.
Cambridge City Centre 3.5 miles, Cambridge Science Park 1.5 miles, A14 1 mile, M11 (junction 14) 3.5 miles, Cambridge North Railway Station (King's Cross 62 minutes) 4.5 miles, (3 miles via the Guided Busway), (distances and time are approximate).