- Whittlesford is an attractive south Cambridgeshire village with a general store, post office/newsagent, primary school, 2 public houses, mainline railway station and recreation ground.
- Liverpool Street Station readily accessible via the village railway station in one hour and Stansted Airport and the M25 via the nearby M11 (junction 10).
- The historic Duxford Imperial War Museum lies approximately 2 miles to the south and stages a variety of air shows throughout the year.
- Believed to date from the late 17th century/early 18th century, it has previously been used as a forge, bakery and up until the late 1960s a post office.
- The property requires modernisation throughout and offers prospective purchasers with an ideal opportunity to carry out their own alterations and improvements, subject to any necessary consents being obtained.
- Dual aspect Drawing Room with open fireplace, slate hearth, timber surround and mantle.
- Sitting Room with cast iron fireplace, fitted real flame gas fire, inset patterned tiles, marble hearth and cast iron surround and mantle.
- Spacious Dining Room with bay window to rear aspect, open brick fireplace and partitioned wall concealing an extensive bread oven.
- 5 Bedrooms and 2 Bath/Shower Rooms arranged over the ground and first floors.
- Off street parking, range of useful outbuildings and wonderful, established gardens of about two fifths of an acre. NO ONWARD CHAIN.
A detached period house requiring modernisation in wonderful gardens of about two-fifths of an acre, situated towards the centre of this convenient and well served village.
Cambridge 6 miles, Royston 9 miles, Whittlesford Parkway Railway Station (Liverpool Street line) 1 mile, M11 (junction 10) 1.5 miles, (distances are approximate).