for GWYNETH COWING SETTLEMENT TRUSTEES & WILL TRUST
Whalebone Park is an undeveloped greenfield site. The trustees required Bidwells’ expertise to advise on development proposals that could release funds to the trust and charity, in addition to providing benefits for the local community.
The site lies within a conservation area and requires a sensitive approach in delivery.
What we did
- Worked closely with the trustees to understand their objectives and assessed the disposal options best suited to the trust and charity
- Advised a preferred structure and approach for disposal
- Identified a suitable developer to achieve the established objectives
- Worked with the trustees and their legal team to prepare and agree heads of terms with the selected developed
- Negotiated the legal contracts for an option agreement on behalf of the trustees
- Monitored the developer undertaking the obligations of the option agreement
- Instructed to agree the market value when the valuation notice is served
Bidwells established a disposal option which allowed for the sensitive delivery of proposals to achieve the trustees’ objectives
A planning application is anticipated to be submitted in Q4 2018
of prime residential development land in Barnet, North London