Strategic master planning, encompassing a series of refurbishment and new build projects within the Grade II* listed building.
The first significant capital project to progress was the refurbishment of the club’s existing art-deco styled dining room. Having been largely untouched since the 1970s, the dining room was underutilised by club members and in need of an overhaul.
What we did
- Worked with architects and interior designers to develop an exemplar hotel room fit out that will be used as the template for a broader roll out of room upgrades across the club’s existing 65 rooms. Phase 1 of the master plan also includes the addition of a new eight bedroom extension to the existing roof level of the club.
- Progressed the project to RIBA Workstage 3, and worked closely with the various internal and external project stakeholders, developing a logistics strategy to ensure continued operations and minimal disruption to members’ experiences, whilst building a technically challenging extension to an occupied building.
- The project was delivered whilst the club remained in full operation for its members.
- In addition to the dining room, a new full preparation banqueting kitchen was created by remodelling existing back of house storage areas
- The project was delivered on budget and within the extremely challenging delivery programme
- The feedback from staff and members alike has been wholly positive and bookings are running at record levels since the new facility was put into service at the beginning of May 2016.
Bidwells helped lead on the successful delivery of a stunning new art-deco dining room at the Lansdowne Club. Their attention to detail, team work approach and understanding of the project was instrumental in helping to deliver to time and on budget.
Tim Cagney, CEO