for BELL EDUCATIONAL TRUST LIMITED
A prime greenfield residential development site on the southern fringe of Cambridge with views over the open countryside.
The site benefited from outline planning permission for up to 347 dwellings (including 40% affordable housing) together with 100-bedroomed student accommodation.
What we did
- Advised on the optimal marketing and disposal strategy and transactional basis
- Collated a full technical information pack to enable parties to tender with confidence and assisted with the planning strategy
- Undertook a two-stage competitive tender process
- Advised the Trust Boar on transactional structures, conditionality and claw-back arrangements
- Undertook full due diligence on the proposals received
- Worked with the client’s solicitors to ensure a successful exchange and completion
- Site sold to Gog Magog LLP, a joint venture between Hill Residential and Bedfordshire Pilgrims Housing Association
- Achieved premium land value together with comprehensive overage provisions
- Policed the performance of developer contractual obligations and overage payments
greenfield development opportunity