confidential client based in Norfolk
The client was keen to build a new dwelling on his livestock farm, to increase the farm’s value but more importantly, to allow his son to live and work alongside him.
Bidwells managed the entire planning application but the key document to secure permission was the Agricultural Needs Statement, which indicated that a new worker was needed who would be required to live on-site (as well as the client) and that the farm business could support the investment.
What we did
- Met with the client to discuss his requirements
- Reviewed the business
- Consulted with industry experts
- Produced and submitted the Planning Application including the Planning Statement and Agricultural Needs Statement
- Worked with the local council to ensure that the matter was dealt with by individuals with an understanding of agriculture
- Planning permission achieved where the client had historically achieved little success dealing with Local Authority
- Secured the long-term strategy for the farm and the viability of the business
- Value added to the farm for the future
300ha total farm area
total farm area