Bidwells secured reserved matters consent for the first development parcel of Phase 2 at Northstowe, Cambridgeshire. The scheme comprised 406 modular dwellings, including 40% starter homes.
What we did
- Developed and implemented the planning strategy to:
a) secure reserved matters consent;
b) secure separate permissions for sustainable show homes and a sales pavilion
c) discharge numerous conditions from the outline consent; and
d) vary the outline consent to allow for commercial floorspace within the sub-phase.
Co-ordinated extensive pre-application consultation with the Local Planning Authority, statutory consultees, interest groups and members of the public
Provided on-going strategy and design advice to develop a policy and outline compliant scheme, advising on Local Plan, AAP, SPD, Design Code, s106 and condition requirements
Advised on the planning strategy to demonstrate that modular dwellings, with customisable internal layouts, delivered on housing mix requirements
Co-ordinated a large, multidisciplinary consultant team, including on-going liaison with the master developer, Homes England.
Provided specialist EIA and heritage expertise.
- Secured the delivery of the UK’s largest modular housing development and one of the first scheme’s in the country to deliver Starter Homes.
- The development achieves high levels of design and sustainability, in line with the LPA’s and Homes England’s vision for Northstowe to be an exemplar new town.
- Prepared and submitted a comprehensive reserved matters application, including several other minor applications, within six months
- Developed strong relationships with officers during pre-application discussions and the determination period, ultimately securing an officer recommendation for approval and resolution to grant at planning committee within four months