Bidwells was instructed to dispose approximately 27 acres of land with the benefit of outline planning permission for up to 199 residential dwellings and a care home of up to 75 bed spaces in Melbourn, Cambridgeshire.
What we did
- Identified Endurance Estates Strategic Land as promotion partner
- Negotiated commercial terms for the promotion agreement on behalf of Peterhouse
- Monitored Endurance Estates Strategic Land’s obligations under the promotion agreement
Acted as agent in the disposal of the site to Hopkins Homes and a local care home operator..
- A window of opportunity was seen with South Cambridgeshire District Council’s lack of five-year housing land supply
- Outline planning permission was granted on appeal
- One of the key objectives was to secure a development partner with a high-quality design agenda. This will be achieved through the careful selection of Hopkins
- Homes Limited as development partner.