FOR ESSEX COUNTY COUNCIL
Bidwells secured planning permission for the residential redevelopment of a former adult community learning centre in the Green Belt. The scheme is for 60 bed Independent Living home and 14 private residential dwellings.
What we did
- Provided strategic planning advice to the client and project team throughout the design phase up to the determination of the scheme at planning committee
- Coordinated the application package
- Prepared a full planning justification
- Negotiated with consultees and the local planning authority throughout the process.
- Unanimous committee resolution for the grant of planning permission
- A scheme of exemplary design quality
- The design successfully accommodates the functional and access requirements of a local youth football team which uses the playing fields adjacent to the
- development site
- The benefits of the new Independent Living model of extra care housing can now be experienced in a new location within the county
- The grant of consent for this development ensures maximum benefit is passed to the county’s residents and the public purse.