Bidwells worked as an integral multi-disciplinary team to manage the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) to gain consent for a world-class horse training facility with elevated hill gallop on behalf of client, The Jockey Club.
The horse gallop will further promote the growth of the horse racing industry within Newmarket as a world-class training facility.
What we did
- Prepared an EIA Scoping Report to negotiate and agree the scope of the Environmental Statement with Forest Heath District Council and its statutory consultees
- Managed issues around existing public site accessand how this would incorporate into the proposed scheme
- Worked to modify the design and limit adverse environmental impact issues on landscape, views, ecology and drainage
- Amended the design to minimise adverse impacts by incorporating curved sides to reflect the natural topography of the site, large areas of native calcareous grassland, and floating wetland islands to create new habitats for local and protected species
- Managed subsequent requests from Natural England and the council prior to determination of the application
- Prepared succinct responses as part of an ES addendum
- The planning application was approved by Forest Heath District Council at Planning Committee
- Modifications to the design limited the number of planning conditions as part of the approved planning application