Bidwells was instructed by the client on this 31,344 sq ft high specification former self-contained fire control centre set within a double-fenced fully secure site with detached gatehouse.
What we did
- Prepared a reinstatement cost assessment for the purpose of the new occupier taking out adequate insurance cover
- Carried out a measured survey and detailed inspection to produce a rebuild cost plan ,taking into account the complexity and nature of the building along with location and other significant factors which could affect the rebuilding cost
- Avoided being under-insured and having to meet the cost difference between the insured sum and actual cost out of their own pocket in the event of a loss
- Saving on insurance premium from excessive and over-insured declared values
- The new occupier was able to demonstrate to the landlord that they have sought independent advice to ensure their asset is insured for an adequate amount