For chelsea arts club
Bidwells were appointed to project manage the complete refurbishment of an historic arts club.
The building is Grade II Listed and an amalgamation of two properties. However, in recent years the property has been neglected and much of the building fabric, services and finishes are at the end of their useful life.
What we did
Assisted the club in a complete refurbishment of the building and gardens across several phase
Managed listed building consent for the club, to meet modern day demands under onerous planning conditions.
- The first phase included a complete design and refurbishment of the bar kitchen.
- The second phase is a redesign, new layout and refurbishment of the main WCs, incorporating a high end interior design.
- Complete refurbishment of the eclectic dining rooms, improving the acoustic performance, heating and installation of fine art with bespoke specialist lighting
- Relocation of the IT, CCTV and access control, and redistribution of the data network throughout the club
- Complete strip out, redesign and refurbishment of the commercial kitchen and provision of high quality, temporary facilities to continue the catering service for members
- Main reception and bedrooms are planned for refurbishment in summer 2017.
- All the works are designed and managed to provide continued service to the club and its members, maximising revenue and minimising disruption through the programme strategy under regular review.
The best decision we made when we embarked on the refurbishment of our clubhouse was to employ Bidwells. They seamlessly integrated themselves within our business, giving us in effect a dedicated in-house building department. Bidwells are managing every aspect of our refurbishment programme with the utmost professionalism, commissioning and orchestrating the multiplicity of consultant and contractor inputs impeccably. Their management of stakeholder agendas is sensitive and thoughtful, and their client service standards are absolutely first rate
Geoffrey Matthews, Chelsea Arts Club