Bidwells’ Urban Design Studio secured committee approval of a development brief for the historic Chauntry Mills site in Haverhill.
Chauntry Mills is a Grade II Listed former cloth and clothing manufactory in a central position in Haverhill. The Urban Design Studio produced a development brief for the regeneration of the 3.1 hectare Mills, which are an integral element of overall improvements to the town centre. The Development Brief sets out the principles for the reuse and redevelopment of the site.
As part of the base line reviews, undertaken to support the principles embedded in the brief, Bidwells undertook the following studies: Townscape and Visual Assessment; Building Appraisal including Engineering Summary; Regeneration Statement; and Alternative Use Assessment.
What we did
- Bidwells teams provided a number of services to offer a seamless multidisciplinary approach to the assessment, through which adoption of the brief by Haverhill Town Council was secured
- As part of the base line reviews undertaken to support the principles embedded in the Brief, the Bidwells team undertook the following studies:
- Townscape and Visual Assessment
- Building Appraisal including Engineering Summary
- Regeneration Statement, and Alternative Use Assessment
- The Development Brief secured committee approval from Haverhill Town Council, providing prospective developers with a persuasive tool with which to devise a planning application for the future development of the Mill.